IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 12 Round 7 - Pole Position

DamonicFury

I think I enjoyed this round the most of any, at least for a long time. Even though this 5200/A8 version of PP has control issues regardless of whether you try analog or tap-tap-hold digital, and the car scaling and scrolling frame rate gets chuggy and jumpy, thus making passing in tight spots around corners a crap shoot at times ... Even so, this is very well programmed and fun! My memory had a more critical opinion of this port before.

I'm astounded that playing in this HSC round on the toughest track, Atari Grand Prix, that I only finished the race like 2 times. And it still wasn't good enough to get the highest score, since I usually crash once during the race. Or, many times I get stuck behind obstacle cars and I still haven't learned the best way to get around them. How many of you ran out of time with the goal line in view? :) I was always willing to play one more game. And I always felt that a better score was possible if I just improved my skills a bit more.

Agree with a lot of what you say, and yeah, I saw the finish line several times, but it was definitely not the most enjoyable round to me. Probably because I never finished the race once and it just got annoying. I swear I thought there were times that they were going kamikaze and throwing themselves backwards at me. I just struggled to judge the speed of the cars in front of me sometimes. I remember liking the game better, I'm sure that was on the easier levels and I could finish the damn race!