IGNORED

How Many Jaguar Players/Collectors Do You Think There Are "In The Wild"?

Rick Dangerous

How Many Jag Players Currently?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Jaguar Players are there left "In the Wild"

• 100-500
    • 501-1000
    • 1001-3000
    • 3001-5000
    • 5000 plus

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Wasn't the original Battlesphere somewhere around the ultra low 1,000 mark sometime in 2000? that has probably been the most demanded game of all time for a post Atari Jaguar game. I would be surprised if there are 800 active Jaguar owners currently. I know a few who have complete systems at their parents house or just in storage that hasn't been touched in 10+ years but can't say those count if they're sitting idle and forgotten about.

That is the *only* Jaguar game that I own that's a replica / copy. I got it off Etsy, and to be honest... unless you opened the game up, and / or put it on a weight scale, there's literally no way you'd be able to tell that it wasn't an original. I only did that because I simply cannot find the game under $500, and not willing to pay that much for any Jaguar game. I also justify it because I literally have bought every single other Jaguar homebrew that's been released since, and... the company has no intentions of ever releasing the game again. Also, I've given half of my video game collection away for free on AtariAge over the years. So... lot's of justification, but I can happily sleep at night.

On that though... I'd have to say that anyone who has a Jaguar now... is in some way an enthusiast. There are probably many of them sitting in pawn shops and vintage game shops, and many that people have that are just in storage... but for everyone else, I'd say they're an enthusiast. I'd have to say over 1,000.

I lied, I also have a bootleg Nintendo cartridge. It has Dragon Warrior 1, 2, 3, and 4 all on the same cart. I got it for the same reason as Battlesphere. I do own Dragon Warrior 1, 2, and now 3... but 4 is just too expensive, and I just want to play it. But that's it... all my old and new computer games, all my music, I have it all legally.

EDIT: Wanted to add... I bought my Jaguar back in 1997 when I saw it on clearance at KayBee Toys. I had a bit of expendable income at the time, and bought one of everything I could get. I got Atari Karts, Alien v. Predator, Kasumi Ninja, Wolfenstein 3D, and many, many, many other games (like 20+) as well as all the CD games, for super cheap. Each game was $5 bucks, each CD game was $7. New in the box Jaguars were $25. I bought 3 of them.

Edited by 82-T/A
  • Like 2

back in the day it was cheaper to get a Jag lot system and games, I had networking dreams never did it, saying that, Im sitting on 3 at my place Im somewhat active forum member with 95 percent of tge comercial releases that has never had the money in hand to purchase any of the new releases.

The guestament has always been worldwide sales of 150k to 300k which is insanely low even for a bomb, cdi had an install base if 400k usa, 1 million worldwide, and i had only ever met one cdi user.

So saying that if they can sell 300 games of a given title, probable 3,000 to 5,000 systems left world wide is a low estimate