Turbo Pascal CP/M Coleco Adam

11 replies to this topic

#1 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 3,791 posts

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:55 AM

Hi. 

I'm looking for disk images of Borland's Turbo Pascal 3. It's a fantastic environment for creating text-based software. Any pointers on where to obtain those?

#2 xdurable OFFLINE  

xdurable

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:56 AM

Hi. 

I'm looking for disk images of Borland's Turbo Pascal 3. It's a fantastic environment for creating text-based software. Any pointers on where to obtain those?

https://winworldpc.c...turbo-pascal/3x

#3 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,791 posts

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:32 PM

Thank you but I should have been more specific. I'm looking for the Coleco Adam disk images as I'm not clear how to add external files onto an Adam CP/M formatted blank disk image.

#4 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,266 posts

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:03 PM

Send MilliV a PM on here or visit his website: http://adamware.us/

Here is a ADAM CP/M version of Turbo Pascal, but I don't know what version # it is. You can try it out using the ADAMem emulator.

Attached Files

#5 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,791 posts

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:32 PM

Thank you!!! These are indeed Turbo Pascal 3.0, the last TP version for CP/M. They work great under Virtual Adam. 

#6 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,266 posts

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:13 AM

You should try them under T-DOS v4.59 to see if they are compatible. They should be and then u have a standard 40 column display. Using Adamem/Virtual Adam, there is also built-in 80 column support for T-DOS using a switch option.

Edited by NIAD, Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:16 AM.

#7 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,791 posts

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:23 PM

You should try them under T-DOS v4.59 to see if they are compatible. They should be and then u have a standard 40 column display. Using Adamem/Virtual Adam, there is also built-in 80 column support for T-DOS using a switch option.

The disk is already formatted for TDOS 4.59 and is bootable. Interestingly, if I boot up with TDOS 4.59 in drive A and have TP3 in drive B, then try to run TP from B, it won't run, so I assume it expects some files to be drive A.

I have used the 80 col option in VA, and it works great. However, since my goal is to have any program I come up with run on a stock Adam, then 40 col is going to have to be it since as far as I can tell 80-col devices for the Adam are rarer than hen's teeth :)

I know of the F18A VGA replacement for the TMS 9928 video chip (I use it in my TI 99/4A home system) which allows for 80 columns, and it should technically work with TP3. Right now the F18A is undergoing a revision and is not yet available but I do plan on getting one eventually for my ADAM. And even if a piece of software does not allow for 80 col, the VGA image produced is far superior to the RF or composite output.

#8 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,791 posts

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:47 PM

in error... 

#9 LoTonah OFFLINE  

LoTonah

Dragonstomper

• 559 posts

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:32 AM

Ask Milli what the terminal settings are in TP, he helped me out with mine and it worked pretty great.  I'm unable to look up those settings at the moment myself, sorry.

#10 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,791 posts

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:08 AM

Ask Milli what the terminal settings are in TP, he helped me out with mine and it worked pretty great.  I'm unable to look up those settings at the moment myself, sorry.

The disk is actually already set up for the ADAM at 40 col. The terminal type listed when the program launches is ADAM, which I assume is a custom profile.

#11 LoTonah OFFLINE  

LoTonah

Dragonstomper

• 559 posts

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:17 AM

The disk is actually already set up for the ADAM at 40 col. The terminal type listed when the program launches is ADAM, which I assume is a custom profile.

Hmmm... He must have set that up after I got mine from him. I think mine was preset for a Hazeltine terminal (or something like that). I just remember having to trial and error it a fair bit (never did get it 100%).

#12 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,791 posts

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:23 AM

Hmmm... He must have set that up after I got mine from him. I think mine was preset for a Hazeltine terminal (or something like that). I just remember having to trial and error it a fair bit (never did get it 100%).

NIAD's images posted above are what you need then :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Turbo Pascal, CP/M, Coleco Adam

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users