IGNORED

Eggsavier's Cackleberry Rescue - a New Game For Atari Lynx

Igor

It's Easter time and what better way to celebrate than to play a new Atari Lynx game from Atari Gamer - Eggsavier's Cackleberry Rescue. This is a LCD style game in the theme of the famous Game and Watch type consoles. There is a little bit of colour and music thrown in on the title screen but once you get to the game itself, it's very reminiscent of these old style LCD consoles!

post-54616-0-29687800-1555643431_thumb.jpg

Here's a short introduction article about this game - https://atarigamer.com/articles/eggsavier-s-cackleberry-rescue---a-new-game-for-atari-lynx

You can play it online via the Atari Lynx emulator here - https://atarigamer.com/lynx/play/EggsaviersCackleberryRescue/926170969

...or download the ROM here - https://atarigamer.com/ag-api/lynx/rom/EggsaviersCackleberryRescue/926170969

Here are some screenshots...

post-54616-0-23376200-1555643447_thumb.png

post-54616-0-69732500-1555643453_thumb.png

• Like 7

I would define it as static positions like the LCD displays in those Game and Watch consoles. The traditional Pong would not qualify but there's nothing from stopping you from using preset ball and paddle positions I guess to make a Game and Watch Pong :)

Karri, stop thinking about other games and get the one you're working finished :-o

Necrocia you should not try to stop iperactive coders and organize this contest (with voting system) on your site. ;)

Here is a sketch of my idea for an entry: Final Melee

post-66453-0-79994000-1555763127.png

Game concept should be clear to everyone. I already have all the code clear in my mind.

Only problem could be sprites too small.

Edited by Nop90

No no I want to stop Karri on this because I want him to finish his other game that I want to play fully :grin:

If it's a contest you want...wait until Monday...

The wizards/magic/knights idea looks great! I've been thinking if it's possible to make an LCD style game engine so that people who don't code can make games easily too. It can work very well on a Lynx SD cart I think. Still some time off, but maybe I'll do something there.

No no I want to stop Karri on this because I want him to finish his other game that I want to play fully :grin:

If it's a contest you want...wait until Monday...

With 2 games I can make twice the profit! And just think about all the FAME of perhaps winning this contest.

• Like 1

Is is already Monday and my LCD game is almost ready. It is playable but lacks sounds. I may sit down by the keyboard in the afternoon to compose something suitable.

Edit:

Oh I forgot my teaser screenshot.

post-2099-0-20621200-1555939893.png

Edited by karri
  • Like 2