Eggsavier's Cackleberry Rescue - a New Game For Atari Lynx

Game Release Atari Lynx Homebrew New Game

57 replies to this topic

#51 karri ONLINE  

karri

River Patroller

• 2,692 posts

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:05 AM

I like the idea of single level Game Watch style competition that would end up on a single cart. It is a realistic goal for a summer project. We could set up a voting system on AtariAge as a poll.

#52 necrocia OFFLINE  

necrocia

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 548 posts

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:10 AM

So have I to add a new game to my to do list to apply for this competition? Ths hobby is becaming a full time job :-o

Have to find a good idea...

Yep  :grin:

I like the idea of single level Game Watch style competition that would end up on a single cart. It is a realistic goal for a summer project. We could set up a voting system on AtariAge as a poll.

That's also great too! I've been looking at easy ways of combining multiple smaller roms on a single cart. If the larger competition doesn't work out then we can always do this as a back up option.

#53 Nop90 OFFLINE  

Nop90

Chopper Commander

• 145 posts

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:40 AM

Yep  :grin:

That's also great too! I've been looking at easy ways of combining multiple smaller roms on a single cart. If the larger competition doesn't work out then we can always do this as a back up option.

Combining different games on a single rom is a dirty and tedious job, but can be done if sources are availabe.

#54 karri ONLINE  

karri

River Patroller

• 2,692 posts

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:45 AM

I have combined games before. There is a special tool co65 that turns anything to binary blobs. You can mix BLL asm games with cc65 games on the same cart. A bit like the SD approach.

#55 Nop90 OFFLINE  

Nop90

Chopper Commander

• 145 posts

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:27 AM

I have combined games before. There is a special tool co65 that turns anything to binary blobs. You can mix BLL asm games with cc65 games on the same cart. A bit like the SD approach.

Can this handle games that use a cart filesystem, or is only for packing games that have all the code loaded at once in memrory?

#56 karri ONLINE  

karri

River Patroller

• 2,692 posts

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:34 AM

It can only handle games that load in as a single blob. If we have several games using a cart system then we may need the sources. But I believe it would be best to not use the cart for these minigames. You could trick the build to fill the entire RAM as a single file. Then you already have the music and graphics in place.

#57 necrocia OFFLINE  

necrocia

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 548 posts

Posted Wed May 8, 2019 6:43 PM

I've released the source code for Eggsavier here - https://github.com/i...avier/eggsavier

It's nothing fancy but it works  ;-)

#58 Songbird ONLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• 1,606 posts

Posted Wed May 8, 2019 8:04 PM

This is very cool! I like the spirit of the G&W games, and have always enjoyed Parafly on the MegaPak cart. :) I doubt I'll have time to participate this summer, but keep up the good work!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game Release, Atari Lynx, Homebrew, New Game

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users