IGNORED

Here’s why the Apple CUBE Computer was a Beautiful $2,800 FAILURE

Apple's infamous G4 Cube computer was beautiful but ultimately flawed. In this video I show its many quirks and why it quickly died at retail.

These are definitely one of the more collectable Apple computers out there. I searched for almost 2 years to find one in good condition and complete in box with all the original speakers, power supply etc. Such a beautiful computer and I'm stoked to have it in my game room now!

Any other fans of the Apple G4 Cube? What are your experiences upgrading it?

• Like 3

That clear plexi-on-white is hard to look at. Harsh. It doesn't fit any decor unless you're into monochromaticism.

Funny you mention that cuz as I was filming this, I couldn't help but think that it would have been PERFECT if they could have used glass for near perfect transparency... but the added weight probably made it impossible.

Liked them, but as has been mentioned earlier, was turned off by the price and unreliability as well.

Of the two people I know who bought them, both suffered significant issues due to overheating. One cracked its case due to the poor thermal characteristics.

Aesthetically, they still look OK. The speakers, however, never did much for me - they always seemed like the white version of the dashboard vents on a Mk. 4 Ford Cortina:

lnCSuQ9.png

• Like 1