Photo

U-235 SoundEngine Documentation

1 reply to this topic

Poll: U-235 SoundEngine Documentation (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Documentation, how do you like it?

1. Online only (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Included with software (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Both online and included (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LinkoVitch OFFLINE  

LinkoVitch

River Patroller

• 2,676 posts

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:30 PM

Hi peeps!

I have been thinking about moving the documentation for the Sound Engine into an online format rather than a hefty PDF included with the releases.  Not really fan of maintaining multiple parallel versions of things so want it to be one or the other.  At the moment I am playing with simply dumping the docs onto our website in as close as possible style as the PDF is.

My post here is to ask you, the people for your thoughts? 

I am working on an online version of the docs at the moment, it's a bit messy as I have to go through tweaking formatting etc, but if you could have a lookie and let me know your thoughts?  https://www.u-235.co...entation/v0-24/

If you wish it would be interesting to hear what formats you would prefer your documentation in (for local docs).

I did consider Doxygen etc, but figure that's going to require me going and putting walls of text into the source (which is already hefty enough) plus they all seem to support specific languages, as this is a binary release software not sure they work well.

Thanks

#2 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• 5,862 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:42 PM

Been looking for something similar for the RAPTOR API... not a fan of the huge .pdf myself.  So very interested in the result of this :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users