The Volcano Fortress (TOD disk)

5 replies to this topic

#1 adamantyr OFFLINE  

adamantyr

Stargunner

• 1,529 posts

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:31 PM

Hey all,

I recently purchased an original copy of "The Volcano Fortress" from Asgard software on eBay. The seller warned it was untested and as is. I mainly wanted the manual, so I thought it was a good risk.

Sadly, the disk is toast. It just comes back "not initialized" in DM1000.

Does anyone have digital copies of the TOD games that were on this disk they could send to me?

Thanks!

#2 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

Quadrunner

• 5,325 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:50 AM

I'll look and see if I can find my original disk and make an image copy for you if no one else turns up with it before this weekend.

#3 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

River Patroller

• 2,442 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:38 AM

i have a full set of several ToD games (multi disk).  Let me know if you want me to send you copies.

Edit to add- I'm not sure if I have this specific one, but I have a bunch of others.  :)  Reading comprehension ftw

Edit Edit: here you go.

Attached Files

#4 adamantyr OFFLINE  

adamantyr

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,529 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:44 AM

It looks like you had it on that disk! The original filename is TVF.

We first started getting new Doom games from a friend of mine who also had a TI. I can't be certain, but I believe that Volcano Fortress was one of the first games released, and it may have been a single, the only game on the disk.

The Doom Games compilations (I think there were three?) came later and had the Kmart game, the Doctor Who games (two of them), and so forth. I bought Doom Games 2, but the rest I got copies of from my friend, so they got all scattered about...

Why the sudden interest on my part? Because one of the final dungeons in my game will be "The Volcano Fortress". Possibly with some fellows named Behnke and Reiss wandering about... ;)

In the interests of sharing and making sure these games don't disappear forever, here is the disk image for Doom Games 2: Attached File  DOOMGM2.DSK   90KB   3 downloads

#5 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

Quadrunner

• 5,325 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:41 PM

The Volcano Fortress was the first one released by Asgard for TOD, and I'm pretty sure it was a single game, as it was released on tape and on disk.

#6 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 15,732 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:47 PM

Never heard of this! Wow, the TI community continues to stun and amaze me. :dunce:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users