Photo

Would anyone be interested in old Atari computer magazines?

5 replies to this topic

#1 bfollowell OFFLINE  

bfollowell

Chopper Commander

• 233 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:49 AM

Since our subdivision is having the first of their two annual yard sales this weekend, my wife and I have been cleaning on our attic. I know I have lots of stuff to go through. I have several large boxes of Atari computer magazines, mostly Analog, ST-Log, Antic, and STart. I've had pdfs of all of these for quite some time, so I know those are prime discard material. I haven't looked at any of them in almost twenty years as I just pull up the pdf if I'm interested in reading through any of them. Sometime after the yard sale I plan to start going through other items, like those magazines, and getting rid of anything that I have an electronic copy of. I'm just gauging interest to see if anyone would be interested in them or if I should just plan on sending them to the landfill. Most were read through cover to cover many times and are well worn and loved. I would gauge the condition of the best of them as Good, and then down from there. Some have subscription stickers, from people I don't know. Some have torn covers or covers that have come off but are still there.

Keeping in mind that the best of them are a far cry from what I would consider collectible condition, would anyone be interested in these for their collection? If so, I'll try to catalog them when I start going through things in a few weeks and will post here before discarding anything. It goes against my grain to just throw something like this out, but I have access to them electronically and I must stop hoarding things I never use, but I'd much rather these go to a good home if anyone is interested in them rather than trashing them.

Let me know what you guys think.

#2 erichenneke OFFLINE  

erichenneke

Moonsweeper

• 424 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:52 AM

PM sent.    I am interested in the Analog and Antic.

#3 bfollowell OFFLINE  

bfollowell

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 233 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:20 AM

OK, I've already received a couple of PMs from interested parties, so I'll let them know when I go through everything and see what I have. If they change their minds later, when I get everything ready, I'll post back to this thread then. I'll be glad to see these go to good homes.

#4 6BQ5 OFFLINE  

6BQ5

Moonsweeper

• 292 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:56 PM

Yes, we would absolutely be interested original issues!! Well, at least me and a few others are. :grin: I love holding and (re)-reading original material.

Thanks for posting this before tossing anything! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I will send you a PM as well.

#5 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

Flux Capacitor Master Craftsman

• 6,930 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:03 PM

With my eyes, the paper is better, flat lcd panels kill my eyes these days

#6 youxia OFFLINE  

youxia

Dragonstomper

• 950 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:44 PM

Old mags to the landfill...arrrgh....noooo :)

Seriously though, you should have a gandrer on ebay first. You might be surprised at what these old mags are going for these days.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users