IGNORED

Got seven FBs so far

Stop me if you know all this already. The 9 (only) has an SD card slot for adding more games, just like the Portable. For playing, I think it makes sense to get that one and stop there.

For collecting, there are more than 9, so for sanity's sake, know what you're getting into. There's a 2+, a "64," and various "Plus" and "Gold" variations out there too.

I think they're pretty neat for what they are, especially the later ones that bridge the analog-digital divide. I no longer want to sit on the floor in front of the TV, screens are bigger now, and HDMI + wireless controls are a boon. I also like how you can cheat by rewinding time in the later models.

Stop me if you know all this already. The 9 (only) has an SD card slot for adding more games, just like the Portable. For playing, I think it makes sense to get that one and stop there.

For collecting, there are more than 9, so for sanity's sake, know what you're getting into. There's a 2+, a "64," and various "Plus" and "Gold" variations out there too.

I think they're pretty neat for what they are, especially the later ones that bridge the analog-digital divide. I no longer want to sit on the floor in front of the TV, screens are bigger now, and HDMI + wireless controls are a boon. I also like how you can cheat by rewinding time in the later models.

Plus the Dollar General/Sam's Club variants with the extra game.

BTW, I have five Atari FBs plus the CV and INTY one. That's probably 4 or 5 too many. Skipped the FB9, hoping for something a little sweeter with the FB10, otherwise, buy the FB later. One of the Atari's has the cart slot added. I wanted to see if the FB2 model with cart can handle any periperals besides the joysticks and paddles. I never use any of these.

I have you beat. :)

I own an Atari Flashback 2, Flashback 2+, Flashback 3-6, the first Atari Flashback Portable, the Flashback 8 Gold, and an Atari Flashback 9 HD. I also own the Colecovision, Intellivision, and Legends Flashback systems.

For other AtGames products, I own one of the early Sega systems and I also bought the Atari paddle system in their Blast line last year, so I guess AtGames has made out pretty well where I'm concerned (Other than the FB2 systems, of course).

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

I have you beat. :)

I own an Atari Flashback 2, Flashback 2+, Flashback 3-6, the first Atari Flashback Portable, the Flashback 8 Gold, and an Atari Flashback 9 HD. I also own the Colecovision, Intellivision, and Legends Flashback systems.

For other AtGames products, I own one of the early Sega systems and I also bought the Atari paddle system in their Blast line last year, so I guess AtGames has made out pretty well where I'm concerned (Other than the FB2 systems, of course).

I'm just behind the orginal poster with 6. Now who has actually played them all within the past month ? I have played all mine this month ! :)

Atari FB 9 (wired), AFP 2017, AFP 2018, ColecoVision FB, Intellivision FB and Legends FB. - Cabling is a mess as I have a composite switch (as have other composite plug and plays) and 3x1 HDMI splitter so I'm ready for the next HDMI FB!

Edited by thetick1

• 1 month later...