32 members have voted

1. 1. ATTENDING

• I am strongly interested in attending
    • I am slightly interested in attending
    • I live too far away to attend
    • I have too many commitments to be able to attend
    • I am not interested at all

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Fest 99/4ATX will be Friday-Sunday Aug 9-11, 2019 in Austin, TX.

UPDATE: please use this Google Form to register yourself. We need to know how many folks want food!

All are welcome. The main activity will be sharing what we know about the TI-99/4A computer, demonstrating projects and new products, and so on. Fixing broken 4As, soldering kits, and programming are all likely to happen. It really depends on what you want to do!

The venue will be an air-conditioned classroom, with tables, whiteboard, and two large screens, at ATX Hackerspace on 9700 Dessau Rd. There is a lounge/kitchen/eating area. (There will be guided tours of members-only areas like electronics lab, laser cutter and 3D printing.)

If anyone wants to do a presentation/stream, you would write that on the Google sheets schedule. Outside of the agenda, we will share about things TI, much like Chi-Friday. Set up your gear, gather in small groups, share, learn, fix things.

The only charge will be $10 for official registration, which includes a raffle ticket, badge, snacks and drinks. 

Otherwise it is open for casual observers (I would expect others from the hackerspace and the local C-64 group.)

For Saturday food, we are putting together a group order for Cheko's breakfast tacos (a few dollars) and County Line BBQ ($15 each person).

Details:

• Venue: ATX Hackerspace on 9700 Dessau Rd. Has air conditioned classroom, a lounge/kitchen, and wi-fi. Guided tours of electronics/laser/shop/3D printing.
  • Format: BarCamp style. Attendees can announce a presentation in the classroom, otherwise free form.
  • Security: we can put gear in a locked room overnight. The building is keyed entry. The classroom has doors but does not lock.
  • Hardware: I can provide stock P-Boxes, 4A consoles, monitors so you can travel lighter. Electronics lab available.
  • Lodging: Super 8 near ATXHS is as low as $58. Marriot $118. There are a lot of options.
  • Food: Saturday: Breakfast Tacos. Lunch: barbecue delivery. Dinner: trip to Chuy's (Tex-Mex.)
  • Live Streaming: Use Zoom to join for video/audio chat. https://zoom.us/j/7707370625 

See and Edit the Agenda so far here:

Zoom Channel for the event (install Zoom on your phone or computer)

LicensePlate994ATX.thumb.png.f8e9781add3afe37e0d45e006a11a4d0.png

• Like 3

I'm in Austin, so would be fun to attend and learn more about the TI-99/4A. I actually have a TON of TI-99/4As, many in original boxes, even. And I have a large number of TI-99/4A cartridges, although most of them are common (some less common stuff, though). Would love to see what others are doing with their systems. :)

..Al

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Fest 99/4ATX will be held Friday August 9 to Sunday August 11.

Details again:

Dates are Friday August 9 to Sunday August 11.
Costs for the event are:
* A nominal charge for the 99/4ATX cartridge name badge, raffle ticket, snacks and drinks.
* Breakfast or lunch on Saturday: group order of breakfast tacos and BBQ (County Line BBQ).
* Otherwise open to free public walk-ins (I would expect others from the hackerspace and the local C-64 group.)
  • Venue: ATX Hackerspace 9700 Dessau Rd, Austin TX. Has air conditioning, a kitchen, and wi-fi. Classroom and lounge for the weekend, at no cost. Guided tours of members only areas like 3D printing, metal shop, lasers etc.
  • Format: BarCamp style. Attendees set up systems in the classroom or lounge or lobby. Anyone can schedule a presentation slot in the classroom or lounge, otherwise free form.
  • Security: we can put gear in a locked room overnight. The building is keyed entry.
  • Hardware: I can provide some P-Boxes, 4A consoles, monitors so you can travel lighter. Electronics lab available. Classroom has projection screen, whiteboard, giant monitor.
  • Lodging: Super 8 near ATXHS is as low as $58. Marriot $118. There are a lot of options.
  • Airport: Austin-Bergstrom airport ATX (sometimes AUS)
  • Transportation: Volunteers can help with airport pickup; Uber is around $35.
  • Food: Saturday: Breakfast Tacos. Lunch: barbecue delivery. Dinner: trip to Chuy's (Tex-Mex.)
  • Lottery: badge holders only. One Dragon's Lair cartridge.
  • Swap: bring items to sell or trade!
  • Like 3