I sure hope somebody has it

i really like this game!

If the PC game 'Quake' traveled back in time

and became a 2D side-scrolling run-n-gun

this would be it!

(he thought to himself, musingly...)

:lolblue:

Edited by Wally1

When nothing helps, try to open image with emulator or some file tool. So, I copied this demo/preview to 720 KB floppy image. It could fit even on 360 KB floppy, but that probably works not with USB floppy drive. There is much more beside this on that image of ST Format magazine - STF21 .

G4AM.zip

Buying this from ebay ? Seriously ? 1: that may just not work because of age. 2: you will face same problem: will be not able to run it via USB floppy drive crap.

Not to mention that there are more useful things on what to spend money. Solutions better than USB floppy ...

Btw. you can convert MSA to ST with this: http://atari.8bitchip.info/floimgd.php

Not good. It will crash or show some bad sprite data. Because there is direct disk access in later loading stage, so original disk structure must be intact - 720 K format is not good, in other words.

Little strange for some demo. I will not bother with this more. And really don't see what's the point to use this instead full game. + whole thing is not well coded.

well i just tested it

and the .MSA file wont even extract with the opener!

cmon

somebodys gotta have this 4 AM mix!

i may have to buy the original floppys from ebay!

Sorry about that. Unfortunately it's simply impossible to test images on a real hardware anymore due to amount of files i have to process vs. the free time i have.

MSA images are made using DIR2MSA which is a part of SainT Atari ST emulator package for Windows. It just drags and drops an ST folder over the desktop icon and produces MSA-file ready for emulators. For some reason it seem to produce nonstandard MSA-files :( But i don't have enough free time to manually create MSA files anymore as i did in the past.

However every disk image is tested on STeem Emulator 3.8x or 3.9x versions, so it's possible to load the disk image on the emulator, copy the files on the Steem's virtual hard disk and then transfer them from Windows directory onto the real floppy.

I know it's pain and i hate it as much as everyone who is a real hardware user, but it's impossible to manage projects of this size without making compromises :(

Marko / Atarimania ST

This is case of not regular floppy - special format of 2 sided floppy, what can be used with single sided drive too - then can access only half of stuff on disk, of course. You can recognize it by presence of subDIR named SIDE_2 . And this can confuse SW for dealing with floppy images (bootsector data indicates 1S disk, while it is 2 sided) .

Image at Atarimania is certainly OK.