IGNORED

Model 100 capacitor kit

tillimon

I recently worked with Console5.com to get a capacitor kit for the model 100 and as of today they started selling them. They use high end caps and can save about $4.28 including shipping compared to buying the capacitors from Mouser. On a side note I get nothing out of the kit being sold I only do it to try and help out the community.

https://console5.com/store/tandy-radio-shack-trs80-model-100-102-cap-kit.html

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I just came here looking for this very thing, thank you! ?

I recently bought my first Model 100 on a whim since it was really cheap; super clean, no yellowing and looks nearly unused. However after it runs for a few minutes the display starts to flicker in and out. Searching online for the symptoms I found that failing capacitors were the likely culprit, and on opening it up I found at least one cap that appears to have started leaking. So I figured the best thing to do is just change them all. I also happened to have a new 6.3v NiCad battery that I bought for an old 486 motherboard but never used so I put that in earlier today. The old one was looking a little crusty around the edges so I got it out of there before it starts leaking too. Hopefully the cap kit will solve the rest of the issues. I dread changing those small ones though, they're so tiny!