IGNORED

SciTech Display Doctor 6.53

I want to share this here so that it doesn't get lost. If you use an old PC, Pentium One or earlier before gfx hardware acceleration this program will take your gfx cards of that era and put them on steroids. Remember the old s3 cards? This will take them from being the worst cards you own to being some of the best cards you own. The Display Doctor will absolutely make them piss fire.

If I remember right you can even use it on older MSDOS PCs with command line. Or VMs.

I hope you guys find this useful.

sdd653-w.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That article talks about using it a wrapper for the existing driver. I had better luck telling Scitek to just replace the driver all together.

If you guys have old S3 cards plop one in your old pentium machine with scitech. S3s have incredibly good 3D software rendering if you play something like Quake 1 or Q2. S3s really pulls off a sense of depth that the other cards I had tho I haven't had all of them but the other ones I had didn't have that.

I never had any luck with later versions of SDD. Lighting only strikes once I guess.

• Like 1