IGNORED

Thrust+ Platinum Announced

Albert

Wow, I must say that Thrust has become an even more exciting game that ever before! I must be one of the few that hasn't bought any Thrust yet, so I for one am pretty glad I waited. Incidentally Thomas, the only reason I never bought Thrust (yet) is that I am a chronic procrastinator about these things and just never got around to ordering ANY 2600 homebrews yet, even though there's a few I really want. I played Thrust at the CinciClassic last fall and I was really amazed with what you got the 2600 to do. Now with those awesome tunes I can't wait to see this running on my Vader 2600!

A question: how big is the Eprom now, and how big was the first version of Thrust?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up that Thrust+ Platinum is now available for purchase from the AtariAge Store. In addition to Paul Slocum's great musical additions, this version is accompanied by a new label and manual by Dave Exton, as well as a "Thrust+ Platinum" sticker affixed to the box. If you don't already have a copy of Thrust+, then this is the version to get!

..Al

PS: As far as I know, there are no plans for future versions. :)

PS: As far as I know, there are no plans for future versions.  :)

What?? I thought this was going to be like the EA Madden games. I'm eagerly awaiting Thrust+ 2004 ;)

The new color scheme on the cart and manual looks great. I think other people have mentioned that more colorful homebrew designs are appreciated instead of trying to copy the old Atari designs, we already have enough of those :)

The new color scheme on the cart and manual looks great.  I think other people have mentioned that more colorful homebrew designs are appreciated instead of trying to copy the old Atari designs, we already have enough of those :)

Thanks for the compliments. :)

Well, actually the history of the various Thrust labels is a history of copying old designs too:

- The original label design (Dave Exton) was nearly a 1:1 copy of the original C64 cassette label.

- The 2nd one (JahFish), copied the main idea of the original one.

- And the current one is "just" (sorry Dave ;)) an evolution of the 2nd one.

And please don't blame the label designers, I wanted them that way. :)

Haha. No, I'm glad we kept elements of the original artwork.

- And the current one is "just" (sorry Dave ) an evolution of the 2nd one.

Yeah, it is - but with completely new DNA:)

I'm really pleased with how the whole package has turned out, it does give me great pride to be involved with all these great homebrew games.

I still get a kick every time I look through the AA store:)

Yeah, it is - but with completely new DNA:)

Yup! :)

I'm really pleased with how the whole package has turned out, it does give me great pride to be involved with all these great homebrew games.

I still get a kick every time I look through the AA store:)

I hope you didn't get me wrong there. You did a great job and not only the label is brilliant but also (and especially!) the manual and last not least, the sticker. :thumbsup:

• 15 years later...

SORRY FOR THE SUPERNECRO OF THIS THREAD!!

We'll be featuring Thrust+ Platinum on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch stream LIVE today at 6PM PT/9PM ET! Hope everyone can tune in to watch us play!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

Featured Games:
Thrust+ Platinum (2003) by Thomas Jentzsch

Alien Pinball (2015 WIP) by Ed Riley aka winkdot
Sync (2006 Compilation) by Simone Serra aka seemo

post-37205-0-91345600-1547850545_thumb.jpg