IGNORED

Beat THRUST contest! (FINISHED!)

Thomas Jentzsch

• 3 weeks later...
(Before I go to holiday:) Any updates?

or

BUMP! :D

The only update I can give you right now is that I've moved my Ataris and all the homebrew games (including Thrust+ Platinum) over to the new house, but we're still unpacking so I haven't had time to hook up anything except for a GameCube. :( I +will+ beat this game though. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I played a little while yesterday...still a bit rusty though' date=' plus the 7800 pad isn't good enough for those sensitive movements, so I have yet to sit down seriouslike. As it is though, I got a decent 75000 on game 1.[/quote']

Your doing a hell of a lot better than me.

I'v already broken 2 7800 pads and I'm not even halfway to that score :(

Too bad megadrive controlers don't work :sad:

I'v found that my SMS stick is the most sensitive controler I can use for

Frustration + :P So now I can pull off those nice roll/shoot moves that

got me so far in emulation :D

Okay I received my copy of Thrust and I played it for the first time last weekend. It is an awsome game. I have a questions though:

1. Is it possible to get the 300 points for fueling from a fuel pod partially, and then 150 points for shooting the partially filled fuel pod? It doesn't seem so to me, but I wanted to double check.

2. If we start with Game #3 then there are 24 planets total to finish the game?

3. To win the contest, do you need to finish the game before anyone else, have the highest score (game finished or not), or finish the game AND have the highest score of all people that finish the game?

Thanks!

It is an awsome game.

Thanx! And it is an awesome contest too. :D

1.  Is it possible to get the 300 points for fueling from a fuel pod partially, and then 150 points for shooting the partially filled fuel pod?  It doesn't seem so to me, but I wanted to double check.

No, you can get either 150 points for shooting or 300 points for totally emptying the pod. And since you'll need the fuel anyway, I strongly suggest you take the 300 points. And it's better for you score too (s. below).

2. If we start with Game #3 then there are 24 planets total  

to finish the game?

Yup, four obstacle modes with six planets each -> 24 missions

You are not limited to game #3 for this contest.

I suppose it's the "easiest" and definitely fastest way to finish the game. But if you are very good (and patient :)), you might better start at e.g. game #1 and when the difficulty increases to game #3 after 24 missions have extra lives and fuel for the remaining 24 missions.

3.  To win the contest, do you need to finish the game before anyone else, have the highest score (game finished or not), or finish the game AND have the highest score of all people that finish the game?

You "only" have to be the 1st (date and time of post to AA or private eMail with photo) who masters the game without cheating (destroying the planets without rescueing the pod) too much. So the score does matter that too much cheating gives you a too low score, but if two or more people should master the game the score is irrelevant then.

@Everybody: To get more fun into the contest, please post your personal best scores here.

• 2 weeks later...