IGNORED

Any of you guys Apple 2e fans?

Mock

For most everything Applewin is incredibly easy...

It even associates .dsk files with it, so you can just double click a downloaded disk image and it will work..

It's pretty good...

The SpaceQuest images I mentioned earlier don't seem to work, but I don't know if that's Applewin or the images. Haven't tried them on my //e yet..

Tried Karateka tho, and it worked fine...

Not sure about good Apple II sites...

Haven't run across anything as good as AA is for Atari stuff..

But I haven't reached the end of the Internet yet.. :-)

desiv

• 4 years later...

Yes I am a fan of the Apple ][e , I did some game screens in Apple Basic that look pretty impresive, they were going to be for games I wanted to make based on the titles, but could not figure out how to make games on the Apple ][e ( especially in apple Basic ) check them out!

post-8308-1195802752_thumb.jpg

post-8308-1195802834_thumb.jpg

post-8308-1195802849_thumb.jpg

post-8308-1195802860_thumb.jpg

post-8308-1195802873_thumb.jpg

post-8308-1195802887_thumb.jpg

post-8308-1195802902_thumb.jpg

post-8308-1195802920_thumb.jpg

post-8308-1195802940_thumb.jpg

post-8308-1195802956_thumb.jpg

post-8308-1195802973_thumb.jpg

post-8308-1195802984_thumb.jpg

post-8308-1195802995_thumb.jpg

post-8308-1195803017_thumb.jpg

I love Apple IIe! This all reminds me that I still have an extra one that I was gonna put up for trade (with 2 drives and monitor. I think the '7' key on top is broke (not missing, nut not affixed. Just kinda sits askew.) I'd love to see a site like this one dedicated to Apple games!

For those of you that are worried about failing disk drives...

Hmm that looks really neat, except of course for the not available for sale part. But it doesn't look like that device will allow .dsk type image mounting (?)

He barely sold out of the last run and had 20 people on the want list in a couple weeks.

A drive emulator would be a nice addition to that card.

The gameserver software just needs a serial cable.

Just remember that some copyprotection may not work.

I love Apple IIe! This all reminds me that I still have an extra one that I was gonna put up for trade (with 2 drives and monitor. I think the '7' key on top is broke (not missing, nut not affixed. Just kinda sits askew.) I'd love to see a site like this one dedicated to Apple games!

I have a IIe that was going to the dump and got if for nothing. It's missing a number key. The switch is fine but the top is missing.

I also have a II+ I got for $10, two IIc pluses, a III, a Laser 128EX, a Franklin Ace 1000 and a IIgs.

BTW, I want to get rid of the III and it's monitor if anyone really wants one.

<edit>

I mean sell and I would prefer it be to someone in the Denver area since it weighs so much.

Edited by JamesD

The gameserver software just needs a serial cable.

I remember seeing this before, looks like a nice piece of work. Unfortunately it doesn't support .dsk either.

I love the Apple ][. I currently utilize ADT for the transfer of programs between a PC to A2. I'm at the moment reading up about the games server program. I would love to be able to directly load game without having to use floppy's.

I love the Apple ][. I currently utilize ADT for the transfer of programs between a PC to A2. I'm at the moment reading up about the games server program. I would love to be able to directly load game without having to use floppy's.

I use ADT and real floppies as well, its an awesome transfer program. Or my SVD for single disk games without having to use a real drive/floppy. What I need is APE for the Apple ][. Or the SVD2. :lust: :D

I use ADT and real floppies as well, its an awesome transfer program. Or my SVD for single disk games without having to use a real drive/floppy. What I need is APE for the Apple ][. Or the SVD2. :lust: :D

That SVD looks nice. I'd like to have one of those for each system I've got. That would definitely cost a few. Need to buy some lottery tickets. :D

Rise from your grave! Wow, this is an old thread. I picked up a "Woz" edition IIgs at a yard sale for 10 bucks a few years back and relived some memories from my high school BASIC programming class. Beyond that I haven't figured out how to run any games on it. I don't remember what the errors were but I got some games off the net just for grins and tried running them from the small floppy drive (used my old Power Mac to format the floppies into something the IIgs could read). Not sure if I'm missing some hardware or what. It doesn't have a hard drive and it's not running GSOS. I do everything from either the 5.25" drive or the smaller floppy drive.

Another thing, I did some programs back in high school that would play sounds. Strangely, they don't work in my IIgs...and that's what I had used in school. The prompt drops into a "*" mode. The program used PEEKs and POKEs if I remember correctly. Anyway, it was fun for a little while. Now it's back in a box.

I don't remember what the errors were but I got some games off the net just for grins and tried running them from the small floppy drive (used my old Power Mac to format the floppies into something the IIgs could read). Not sure if I'm missing some hardware or what. It doesn't have a hard drive and it's not running GSOS. I do everything from either the 5.25" drive or the smaller floppy drive.

Most 3.5" IIGS game floppies will boot without the OS disks. I used an old Mac as well to convert the .2MG files and write them to 800K floppies. The 5.25" drive can be used to run Apple ][ .dsk images that have been transferred to disk.