IGNORED

Backfire Label Contest

Albert

Backfire.gifAtariAge and Chad Lare are sponsoring a contest to create an original label for Chad's new Atari 2600 game Backfire. This label artwork will appear on all copies of Backfire, which will be available in the AtariAge Store shortly after the contest. The winning artwork will also be featured on the cover of the manual created for the game. Chad continues to work on Backfire, and has several improvements in store for its eventual cartridge release. Check out the Backfire Label Contest page for more information on how to enter the contest, and you can download a copy of Backfire to try here.

Ooooh, This looks fun! :D

I've got some ideas already! Hopefully I'll be able to work on something between college classes.

Good job, Chad. Looking forward to buying this cart( especially if my art gets immortalized on the label and manual! ) 8)

- Weston

You have two guns; one on the top of the screen and one on the bottom. You can control one gun at a time and you have to shoot spaceships and UFOs that fly through the middle. The difficult part of the game is that if you are not careful you can shoot your own gun if the shot goes all the way across the screen. Also, there are moving barriers. If you accidentally shoot one of the barriers your shot is reflected back at you and you have to get out of the way.

Hopefully that description will give you some ideas.

And, simple as it is, Patrick Mitchell (Entry #2)'s does have a certain appeal to it.

:) :D :)

Thanks for the kind words...I wasn't sure if it came across as well as I wanted it to, but it's hard to transfer an image in your head to a flat graphic surface...anywho, the positive comments have really made me feel pretty darn good :) Thanks.

Late,

p

p.s. I think everyone has really done some outstanding work :wink:

Seriously, I think this one is a cool design!  

Thanks! I've been having a blast creating labels the past several days, I love exercising the creative side of my brain. :) I've been eagerly awaiting a label contest for a while now. There are so many cool labels from everyone, I have no idea how Chad is going to decide! :)