IGNORED

HIP/Visdom2

Schmutzpuppe

I just read the hip-faq and found following:

„(…) We have talked about the Visdowm II-Demo of JAC! where JAC had

managed to display 16 colors/shades in a resolution of Gr.15, which

means 160x200 (…)“

I watched the “Visdom 2” demo again and asked myself where the guys saw this 160x200 mode?

I really can’t see this 160x200 mode, anyone can?

Matthias

means 160x200 (…)“

I watched the “Visdom 2” demo again and asked myself where the guys saw this 160x200 mode?

Matthias

Where did you get the Visdom II demo? A link would be helpfull :)

If you're looking for this mode you can search for the demo TE_MOD. The TE_MOD title screen shows this mode gr.15/ 16colors.

I even have an editor somewhere for this kind of graphics.

Note: this doesn't work on emulators, because this type of graphics makes use of GTIAs line interlace, which mixes colors in consecutive rasterlines.

-----

mux

If you're looking for this mode you can search for the demo TE_MOD. The TE_MOD title screen shows this mode gr.15/ 16colors.

Note: this doesn't work on emulators, because this type of graphics makes use of GTIAs line interlace, which mixes colors in consecutive rasterlines.

-----

mux

The Visdom demo runs perfect on emu!?

Where can i get TE_MOD?

-----

mux

This means simple Interlace? Bah..

But I nevertheless want to view this Visdom 2 Demo ... where can we get it?

means 160x200 (…)“

Matthias

Where did you get the Visdom II demo? A link would be helpfull :)

you can get it here: http://www.atari8bit.de/0369_A.atr

-----

mux

Nope, it isn't really interlace.

Watch it, cool demo.

oje... back in 1996... can not remember exactly, but i was chatting with tamas bene of hard about nasty tricks on atari and he was talking about some stuff like changing "on the fly" registers...and JAC did that imho in visdom2 demo or in hobby tronic demo (his part...) but i can't remember that after nearly 8 years... tamas told me some stories when they coded joyride that he was wondering that the DIL plasma screen showed this kind of "GTIA" bug and he wrote this effect down on paper...

later on when we both were chatting he recalls that and so one piece came to the other and he suddenly came up with HIP... the "3rd" side of the overmind demo (i guess never published officially) which was coded by another german coder showed HIP but without interlacing, he called that mode IMP...

he wrote the algorithmus together with the other coder (who is doing hardsid btw.!!! www.hardsid.com) and the 1st screem is the one i used in the 16ktro (or so called hiptro) which was presented 1996 at orneta...

unfortunatly the 3rd hard production was never finished...it was called (in tradition to the others) "dressed for success"...

since 1997 i am trying to find tamas bene again all over the world... last information i had was that he was working at ericson mobile but i could not localise him... :(

he is a very polite guy and very professional coder with a lot of knowledge... (like Fox & eru from taquart)...and he knows a lot of atari, too...

hve

oje... back in 1996... can not remember exactly, but i was chatting with tamas bene of hard about nasty tricks on atari and he was talking about some stuff like changing "on the fly" registers...and JAC did that imho in visdom2 demo or in hobby tronic demo (his part...) but i can't remember that after nearly 8 years... tamas told me some stories when they coded joyride that he was wondering that the DIL plasma screen showed this kind of "GTIA" bug and he wrote this effect down on paper...

later on when we both were chatting he recalls that and so one piece came to the other and he suddenly came up with HIP... the "3rd" side of the overmind demo (i guess never published officially) which was coded by another german coder showed HIP but without interlacing, he called that mode IMP...

he wrote the algorithmus together with the other coder (who is doing hardsid btw.!!! www.hardsid.com) and the 1st screem is the one i used in the 16ktro (or so called hiptro) which was presented 1996 at orneta...

unfortunatly the 3rd hard production was never finished...it was called (in tradition to the others) "dressed for success"...

since 1997 i am trying to find tamas bene again all over the world... last information i had was that he was working at ericson mobile but i could not localise him... :(

he is a very polite guy and very professional coder with a lot of knowledge... (like Fox & eru from taquart)...and he knows a lot of atari, too...

hve

Like this kind of inside infos :)

But still can't see a 160x200x16 mode, if you look at the plasma stuff you will see that one pixel has two color clocks so it's still 80x (even if it's very colorfull and nice looking) :(

-----

mux

Nope, it isn't really interlace.

Watch it, cool demo.

It's really cool looking. In fact demos have to look cool 8)

BtW. it is Interlace in no way....just a simple interleaving of two GTIA-Modes. And now I am wondering if there are DLIs used for switching the PRIOR register ;)

But still can't see a 160x200x16 mode, if you look at the plasma stuff you will see that one pixel has two color clocks so it's still 80x (even if it's very colorfull and nice looking) :(

You have a 160x192 pixel look-alike mode.... That's all.

yep, that is what i think, there is no real 160x200x16 mode.

This was done by shifting every second line for one colorclock (the effect after plasma).

Or is there a hidden mode that i didn't see.....?

You have a 160x192 pixel look-alike mode.... That's all.

yep, that is what i think, there is no real 160x200x16 mode.

This was done by shifting every second line for one colorclock (the effect after plasma).

Or is there a hidden mode that i didn't see.....?

The effect depends on the GR.10 mode that is shifted two bits compared to Mode 9 and 11.

A real higher resolution would be possible by interleaved interlace ;)

It's indeed PM but Missiles only (Players don't mix with gr.9 lums) as 5th player with reg 711.

In the part to the right of the missiles the 712 reg is changed on the fly by a kernel. This only allows for a coarse offset (this means: you can only change color in certain blocks) of the colorchange, so the details are done with missiles.

(My first guess)

-----

mux

The demo is very cool... by taking a look at it, I recognized following:

Full width incl. scrolling seems to be used.

The full heigth of the screen is used with 240 lines...

The Screenshot shows this HIP....

Still everything is moving on the screen...

So after a full load of ANTIC DMA AND hundreds of registerchangings the guys made it possible to move everything and to play a full 4voice song...

what a high coding level.... I am really impressed :)

JUst for info. If you are looking for demos, first try this page.

http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~sgl/atari/...emos_index.html

I know this site ;)

Take a look at VISDOM 2 and you'll see no download-link.

So I know now, the VISDOM 2 is a part of the HALLE PROJECT 93 Demos, the "free" link to the VISDOM DEMO 2 is:

http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/%7Esgl/atar...es/hallep93.zip

:)