IGNORED

Atari 2400?

samuraismurfette

Hello peeps!

Though an occasional member at www.cgcc.ca

no one there could help me with this.

So I in turn, turn to the atari experts. ;)

Anyone know anything about this?

I can't seem to get any info anywhere...

Check out the pictures at:

http://www.msnusers.com/atari2400

Languages on the box: english, french, spanish, and japanese.

copyright 1982 Atari, Inc. made in hong kong.

Distributed in Canada by Irwin Electronics

Also has original price tag of $54.99 (looks like K-mart, or woolco)

Thanks in advance for your help!

I don't know.. looks pretty good to me.. then again.. my Jpgs are skrewing up again... only .jpg images.. must be something skrewey with my video card...

but this could be like the Bigfoot of ataris.. you know.. a bunch of people say it exists.. and a bunch of people say it doesn't and when the people that say it does and shows you photographic proof.. the nay sayers all start shouting nay?

yeah like that

so.. the question is.. we have people prooving that its made.. the box looks pretty real to me.. I know that you can distress the hell out of stuff with photo shop.. But I can usually see the seams of the edit.. and I'm not seeing them.

the magic marker of the 6 over the four looks like some kid was marking up the box out of disgust apon realizing that it wasn't anything diffrent than a 2600.. hell when I was eight years old.. I never gave a second thought to how much this stuff might be worth years from now.. so I was prone to graffiti.. it stands to reason..

I say its a real product.. the wheres and why.. I have no idea.. but I do think I recall some wacky numbers being thrown out at the junior back in the day.. and these are just fuzzy memmories.. I think there was even some packaging refering to the junior as the 2700

I think its real since I recall seeing this before in the late 80s. At the time (In Canada) there were several models available, with and without cartridges back in the late 80s and early 90s. Even some models included 1 or 2 joysticks. I remember you could buy a Jr. for about $49.00 or less Canadian dollars in K-Mart, Zellers, Canadian Tire, Woolworth's etc.

That box shot is not photoshopped, believe me. I can spot a PS edit a mile off.

Seems entirely plausible that a company licensing the 2600 might screw up the number. After all, at the time the '2600' bit wasn't as famous as it is now - it was the 'Atari' bit that everybody went nuts about.