IGNORED

Know what i'd really like to see on cartridge some day?

rkevin@atari.net

Alternate Reality. It's probably technically improbable, but i've gone through 3 disk sets over the years and they aren't getting any less scarce. :P I know it's been released and can be played via emulation..blah..blah.. but it's a hassle hooking my pc to my lil old atari.. whine.. whine complain. Sigh.

quote:

Originally posted by PixelHead Pete:

Alternate Reality. It's probably technically improbable, but i've gone through 3 disk sets over the years and they aren't getting any less scarce.
:P
I know it's been released and can be played via emulation..blah..blah.. but it's a hassle hooking my pc to my lil old atari.. whine.. whine complain. Sigh.

I've connected my 8-bit via an SIO2PC/10502PC connector through the com port and there is a sub program within the A.P.E progam (APE works with this cable. This subprogram can take an Atari .atr disk image and write it back to the atari 1050 floppy drive. You can then load the game like the days of old into your 8-bit. I recovered a lot of lost software this way, and they work fine, but they are one game per disk autoload files just like commercial programs were originally. Of course you can do a lot more with this cable and software.

quote:

Originally posted by Gunstar:

I've connected my 8-bit via an SIO2PC/10502PC connector through the com port and there is a sub program within the A.P.E progam (APE works with this cable. This subprogram can take an Atari .atr disk image and write it back to the atari 1050 floppy drive. You can then load the game like the days of old into your 8-bit. I recovered a lot of lost software this way, and they work fine, but they are one game per disk autoload files just like commercial programs were originally. Of course you can do a lot more with this cable and software.

Thanks for the tip; my brain somehow slipped around the idea that the cable could be used to dump programs back to the drive as oposed to just archiving.. D'oh! Just ordered a cable, yesterday.