IGNORED

Labyrinth (Lucasfilm) for the 8-bit?

Scott Stilphen

Fascinating. I agree with one of the posters who said that there's likely very few, if anyone, still at Lucasarts that was involved with "Lucasfilm Games" (as they were known back then). Turnover in the game industry is very high, and Lucasarts has been around a long time, especially relative to most game companies. On the other hand, Lucasfilm was already an established company and they were probably pretty good about archiving projects.

The only way to know for sure would be to contact people who worked at Lucasarts (Lucasfilm) when Labyrinth was writen to find out how far along the game was, and talk to people who work there now to see if it could be recovered from the archives. However, even if it could be located, I highly doubt Lucasarts would release it given the fact that it's tied to a movie license.

So I wouldn't get your hopes up about ever seeing this game, although it would be nice if someone involved with the project could at least locate a copy and take some screenshots. I turned down an opportunity to pursue a job with Lucasarts several years ago. Had I known about this Labyrinth game I might have decided differently.

..Al