IGNORED

130XE - 65XE

t.skid

The difference beetween 130 and 65XE is only the lack of 64K ram memory, or there's something other? So, expanding the 65XE to 128K ram it will become a 130? Mother board are the same?

I'm looking for a 130XE, but I don't know how much could be a good price. I see at Best Electronics, it cost 170US$ - new, pal version -. I also go to ebay, finding some 65xe at a better price.

quote:

Originally posted by t.skid:

Up for a question: a 130XE for 60/70 US$ could be a good deal?

Thanksss

If you compare that to the prices teh online retailer's want, then yes, it's a good deal. But, I picked up a slightly used (like new condition)130xe to replace my old and I payed a grand total of $40 with shipping. It's possible to find package deals like a 130xe/disk drive/software&hookups for $60-70. This was a reletively popular computer, so with a little patience you'll find a better deal as they are sold all the time...if you can't wait, you could do worse than $60-70.

Pal would be better, but I've a NTSC compatible TV, and then I think to connect the XE to a monitor, so it wouldn't be a problem (if I'm wrong, tell me! ). In Europe I've found a lot of 65XE and 800XE - note, not 800XL-; not yet a good or "possible" 130XE (lot in Germany, but the seller didn't sell out of his country). I'm not in real hurry, so I can wait a little. But surfing I discovered some prices, from 49 to 175 US$ (the last one is, as already wrote, new and pal from Best Electronics). So I needed an idea

I would also go for a 130XE, for the additional memory and the PBI. Not that many people will ever take advantage of it, but it's nice should you ever decide you want to plug an MIO board into it. Well, if you can find someone willing to sell you one! Also, 130XEs seem to be more common than 65XEs, although that doesn't necessarily mean they're cheaper, since everyone wants the 130XE over the 65XE. In which case if you don't care about the extra memory or PBI, you could probably save yourself some cash by just going for the 65XE.

I don't think I've helped.

..Al

PS: I would love to have a Falcon 030. I don't think I've ever seen one in person. How much did the auction go for? I did a brief search on eBay and didn't find it (I'm guessing it wasn't listed on eBay US).

Al: You're right; probably 65XE will be cheaper than 130. As the 800XE. ( but about it I've read something on the internet: the 800XE it isn't really an XE. It was a strange "midway" beetween the 800XL and 65XE, with lot of compatibility problem).

I agree with you, I will looking for a 130XE: the extra memory and the other features worth it. If only I find one

About Falcon 030: it was listed on German Ebay. The auction ended at 181 Euro (about US$157).