IGNORED

New game for all 8-bit Ataris....

Sikor

Following that 4K game...

I thought of this for a long time but who, among you guys, would be ready to shell out any money ($29.99 ?) for a brand new game under cartridge form ? (w/ box and manual)

With a little bit of organization and Einstein sized brains like Analmux and others, it wouldn't be impossible to create a game design team and have them earn a little something to motivate the effort.

On a personal level, I'm quite good at basic but I've never tried ML (lack of time: 24/7 job + family). I did program a few good games though when I was growing up in Europe (even a multi-level star wars game which used the tape recorder for background music !). My collection is 18000 kms away so I'll have to check it when I get home.

Note for Albert -> I have every single piece of software produced by ATARI for the XL / XE (including UK and French releases). To place them on Atari Age would be a first step but a 3D modelization would be even better - like a Atari virtual collection on a Macintosh Powerbook !

Later guys...

AB. 8)

...who, among you guys, would be ready to shell out any money ($29.99 ?) for a brand new game under cartridge form ? (w/ box and manual)

I'm there. I wouldn't even care if it included a box or manual.

I suspect that with all the academic work done by the group of 6502 wizards around here, that some truly amazing things could happen (and I'm not talking about a flamewar where someone ends up getting shot) ;)

I would not be surprised to see a new program that surpasses anything that could have came out during the 8-bits' life cycle.

OK wizards...GET TO IT! (kidding)

Unfortunately, I'm too rusty in my coding skillz to offer anything of value.

Great idea though.

Note for Albert -> I have every single piece of software produced by ATARI for the XL / XE (including UK and French releases). To place them on Atari Age would be a first step but a 3D modelization would be even better - like a Atari virtual collection on a Macintosh Powerbook !

You mean making 3D models of carts and boxes using scans? The thought has crossed my mind before, but that's quite a bit of work and it's already bad enough just acquiring scans of the cart and box front/back. :) Do you have original copies of all these games or are you talking about just the binaries?

..Al

Do you have original copies of all these games or are you talking about just the binaries?

We're talking about originals here: box, manual, Cartridge / Disk / Cassette (very common for ATARI Europe).

From 1983 to 1996, I collected as many items as I could (I even flew to B&C from Europe !) and, while ATARI Hard / Soft was more expensive at the time, you could still find everything (Crystal Castles XE, 2600 Fatal Run, etc.).

Later.

AB.

and here is the 1st draft code for the upcoming atari game '4Pac'.

it is planned to be 4 player multiplayer action via the networking feature of atari800win... (hmmm.... have to check how this will work at the end... ;))

some have seen this before....

credits:

gfx by dracon and thelen (thanks guys!)

brilliant music soundtrack by Xray

code by me

design by thelen and me

it is a small project which will be released with source code etc...

this is the 1st public anouncment (except at yahoo groups...) just to enhance preassure on me... ;)

planned release date prior christmas, platform atari 800 48k(4 joystick ports), 800xl 64kram, atari800win (PC, networking over the net...)

heaven/tqa

4pac_teaser_new.zip

it is planned to be 4 player multiplayer action via the networking feature of atari800win... (hmmm.... have to check how this will work at the end... ;))

some have seen this before....

credits:

gfx by dracon and thelen (thanks guys!)

brilliant music soundtrack by Xray

code by me

design by thelen and me

it is a small project which will be released with source code etc...

this is the 1st public anouncment (except at yahoo groups...) just to enhance preassure on me... ;)

planned release date prior christmas, platform atari 800 48k(4 joystick ports), 800xl 64kram, atari800win (PC, networking over the net...)

heaven/tqa

Hmm to bad you're gonna code 8-bit stuff which only can run on the PC with networking. Why not support the game-link interface on the real atari ?

simply because i have no access to

-multijoy interface

Heaven, you *should* add multi-joy feature (yeah, I will play with it this weekend! It isn't very complicated to build as I heard).

Just pass source code to Raster after releasing 1st version of the game, ok ? ... 8) :idea:

Nice title screen and music. I've been following your progress on the yahoo group but I never downloaded from there.

Questions...

1) Is there any game play in this version or is it just the title screen?

2) Does the title screen jump on the real A8? It jumps in Atari800WinPLus 3.1.

simply because i have no access to

-multijoy interface

-linking hardware

simple at it is... ;)

hve

Hi, when the game will be free, you should contact ABBUC. I believe they help you with the hardware when you want to develop something for it.

When there are problems let me know. Getting the hardware for you isn't that hard.... 8)

i am abbuc member since more than 10 years if my mems are correct... maybe i should simply ask wolfgang... maybe when i am driving to the JHV'03?`

hve

ps. the code for the title screen is not perfect as it was hacked quickly together just to have a small teaser with DRCs lovely title screen and xray's music... nothing more...

i haven't touched the code for 2 months...

Hi there!

That's a pretty cool game. I wish it would have made it in time for the 2003 Minigame Competition  :sad:

What a great little game - it surely would have had a good chance to do well in the competition. Must have only just missed the deadline. :sad:

I don't think it missed the deadline. They're just dead slow updating the page. I think Robin Harbron (last years competition winner) claimed he has submitted an entry last minute as well and it doesn't show up yet either.

Greetings,

Manuel

i am abbuc member since more than 10 years if my mems are correct... maybe i should simply ask wolfgang... maybe when i am driving to the JHV'03?`

hve

ps. the code for the title screen is not perfect as it was hacked quickly together just to have a small teaser with DRCs lovely title screen and xray's music... nothing more...

i haven't touched the code for 2 months...

Yeah you should talk to Wolfgang. I will be there too... I am not sure we did meet before but we will at JHV'03.... 8)

TXG/MNX

Following that 4K game...

I thought of this for a long time but who, among you guys, would be ready to shell out any money ($29.99 ?) for a brand new game under cartridge form ? (w/ box and manual)

With a little bit of organization and Einstein sized brains like Analmux and others, it wouldn't be impossible to create a game design team and have them earn a little something to motivate the effort.

On a personal level, I'm quite good at basic but I've never tried ML (lack of time: 24/7 job + family). I did program a few good games though when I was growing up in Europe (even a multi-level star wars game which used the tape recorder for background music !). My collection is 18000 kms away so I'll have to check it when I get home.

Later guys...

AB. 8)

I have made some games , most not 100% finished and I also have lots of useless Crossbow carts for making cartridge games, but unfortunately my very expensive ATARI system does not work anymore and

all the stuff is on 5.25" disks, most double or quad density.

I have a 130XE with Oldrunner and 16K Bibomon and an XF551 + 2 Double Density Drives and a normal 1050 and 810 and a Black box.

But seems to have been damaged over the years and I can´t access my data anymore.

BTW.

BASIC games could be compiled with the TURBO BASIC Compiler or a normal BASIC Compiler and cart versions could be possible.

So even BASIC programmers could write games and release compiled versions on carts, if the cart works like a "disk-drive".

Thimo