IGNORED

800XL Chroma output

damellema

quote:

Originally posted by classics:

I believe the 800XL already has Chroma and Luma outputs on the video port.

Yes, it does. I think That mod above is only for IMPROVING the signal, the 800xl's chroma/lumina (S-video) has washed out colors, they kind of smere. The 800/XE are fine. I think the 1200xl may be fine as well.

• 7 months later...

If you were not going to do the Super Video upgrade on an 800XL, is it worth splicing the Chroma/Luma cables into an S-Video cable, or would it just look like the Composite output?

I've got a monitor cable 5 pin din to 4 RCA cables. I've got the composite going to a VGA converter that also have Super Video inputs. I don't want to bother with the 800xl SV upgrade.

Just curious if the Composite output is as good as I can expect unless I do the SV upgrade.

Thanks

Tony

The strange thing is, I have 3 atari XE's and when i connect them with s-video the screens has color. When i connect one of my 4 atari 800xl's I get black/white only. off course with the same cable. somebody klnows this ?

Standard 800XL don't have chroma (color) output on the connector. My 800 XL (in fact XLF) does.

Description of the port is here: http://www2.asw.cz/~kubecj/atvideo.htm