IGNORED

Redemption 5200 Label Contest

Albert

When is the submission gallery going to go up I submitted and I know other have too but where is that submition gallery gonna go up I want to see my design among others!!:P

I will be posting the first batch of labels this weekend. :)

..Al

Thanks Albert :D

Cool labels so far, guys!

One suggestion I might make... I noticed a lot of the labels have the 5200 controller predominant on the label. The whole point of the Redemption is to AVOID using the 5200 controller and allow you to use other controllers. So, if I was making a label (if I could figure out Photoshop - haha) I'd feature the stick (or some sort of likeness) that is used (e.g., 2600, 7800, etc.).

Keep sending them in!

Joe

PS - We can't say which we like the best right now - the contest isn't over :)

So, if I was making a label (if I could figure out Photoshop - haha) I'd feature the stick (or some sort of likeness) that is used (e.g., 2600, 7800, etc.).  

Yeah, I thought of that after I had already created my label entries. The problem is, which stick should you feature on the PC Version? I used a tiny image of a Microsoft Sidewinder on my existing submission. Any better suggestions?

AM

Yeah, I thought of that after I had already created my label entries.  The problem is, which stick should you feature on the PC Version?  I used a tiny image of a Microsoft Sidewinder on my existing submission.  Any better suggestions?

They don't need to be actual pictures or representations of real joysticks. They can be drawn, and/or a bit more abstract. :)

..Al

They don't need to be actual pictures or representations of real joysticks. They can be drawn, and/or a bit more abstract.

Good Point. :) I guess I was just thinking that if I use images of a real 2600 stick, and a real 7800 stick, I'd want to be consistent and use an image of a real PC stick. ;)

AM

The problem is, which stick should you feature on the PC Version?  I used a tiny image of a Microsoft Sidewinder on my existing submission.  Any better suggestions?

I've got a classic old (Quickshot?) PC joystick somewhere, but I can't find it (or a picture on the web), so I used my MS Sidewinder.

You could try an IBM Jnr joystick:

http://www.digidome.nl/images/IbmJrJoystick-1.jpg

I'm gonna come up with another set of labels jsut to challenge myself. I'll take into consideration the idea of having different controllers to represent different versions.

I'm using PhotoImpact XL for my designs. It didn't take too long for me to learn how to use it.

Hi everyone!

I'm having problems using the Pixel Past logo vector file. I have downloaded the file many times but it still can't be recognized by either Corel Draw or Adobe Photoshop. Is the file damaged or is it available in another vector format?

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I'm having problems using the Pixel Past logo vector file. I have downloaded the file many times but it still can't be recognized by either Corel Draw or Adobe Photoshop.  Is the file damaged or is it available in another vector format?  

Thanks!

Try this one, you'llhave to unzip it first.

Someone also asked me privately if the "Pixels Past" text in the logo can be moved underneath the graphic (to be more consistent with the AtariAge logo). And yes, you can do that :)

In addition, the circular Pixels Past and AtariAge logos are not required, as long as the TEXT portion of the logos ("Pixels Past" and "AtariAge") is present. However, we do not want just the circular logos without the text. And there needs to be consistency with use of the logos. In other words, if you use the logo and text with one, you need to use the logo and text with the other..

..Al