IGNORED

Graph2fnt

emkay

• 4 weeks later...

Im trying to use Graph2Fnt to convert some images for my atari 5200 programming needs. I have 2 problems.

1, is there anyway to designate a max of 1 charset? or at least manually fewer charsets?

2, the data it outputs, I need the type of data that full asm outputs, however, when I choose thwe full asm output, I get mostly empty data. I don't get the image or charset data I need.

I need chardata like this:

; character set

.BYTE $00,$00,$00,$00,$00,$00,$00,$00 ; 0

.BYTE $AA,$AA,$AA,$AA,$AA,$AA,$AA,$AA ; 1

and screen memory data like this:

; screen memory

.BYTE $00,$00,$00,$00,$00,$03,$01,$01

.BYTE $01,$02,$00,$12,$01,$01,$13,$00

You mast use Bin2Hex to convert to asm data

Hmm, normally not. Every assembler also has a binary include directive:

ATASM: .INCBIN "FILE"[,length]

MADS/XASM: INS "FILE"[,+offset][,length]

Of cours sometimes copying data into the source is handy. In WUDSN IDE the Hex Editor can be used to convert binary to hex/decimal/...

post-17404-0-78691300-1331902231_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a notice, that in an other forum where some complaints about my first G2F conversion 'The Sentinel'.

Since I find these remarks regarding the elimination of the original creators tag justified, I decided to publish here an updated version.

I used this occasion also to exchange the tile, as I find the original one not only too plain but also missing the article.

Please update your archives if they contain the image.

Thank you!

post-7778-0-58163900-1334397991_thumb.png

SentinelXL.zip

Edited by Irgendwer
  • Like 2

g2f 3.9.6.0

support gr9, gr11 + player5

The bug is still there, but as it seems, it has to do with DLI- mode. The error changes from a missing player to missing line(s), sometimes it is ok.

DLI is still ok.

post-2756-0-51894800-1335250918_thumb.jpg

Missing line in GED-

post-2756-0-53386500-1335250920_thumb.jpg

Edited by emkay

• 1 month later...

I have some questions about the file G2F exports ...

My goal is, to develop my own file format .IFP for ICE font pictures, and a viewer for such files, as shown in this thread:

http://www.atariage....75#entry2545204

This format would basically cover 28 different ICE graphics mode, the graphics mode info and corresponding color data would be saved, along with the font info, and inverse screen map(s), if needed,

And also, I want to write a converter which will take files generated by "Save All Files" from two G2F's and turn them into an ICE font picture. So far I have been able to use the FNT and SCR files, but I am wondering how the color data is saved for font pictures in Graphics 12 and Graphics 10. Also, is there any automatic way to detect which mode a .G2F file has been saved under (i.e. Graphics 0, 12, or any of the GTIA modes).

Another question, concerns the DLI character font change data, how is this stored? It wouldn't be necessary for uncompressed pictures, those would change character fonts every 3 lines, but it would be handy if I were to try optimizing these pictures to save memory by reusing redundant characters.

Another request for future addition: Support of GTIA modes under Antic 4/5 ... that is, you set the GTIA to 64, 128, or 192 while in Graphics 12 or 13. This would make it easier for me to render screens in ICE modes like the CIN, MIN, HIP, or Super 9 modes in Antic 5. I have written a means of converting hi resolution GTIA fonts into a low-res GTIA font and inverse screenmap, but having this automated in G2F would be a lot easier.

Edited by Synthpopalooza

I actually did some playing around, it seems the TAB file contains character set info ... 30 lines, each one is the ATASCII code for which charset is used in each line. I can use this to gauge where my DLI's should change ... it will require display list flipping for compressed pictures, as the DLI's will change with each frame.

I can save a .COL file with G2F, it seems that the format is 256 bytes of COLBAK value, followed by 256 bytes of PF0, 256 bytes of PF1, etc., up until PF3. Is this fairly consistent for each col file, assuming no DLI color changes?

Also, how can I save the color palette in Graphics 10 G2F's? I know I can do a .G10 file and get the colors that way, but is there another way to do this?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi tebe,

I just found why so many G2F images cause a crash/lock up after watching or after RESET.

I'm building a menu for the SV graphics and it locks up permanently for certain images.

The ZP locations 7/8/9 are used as interrupt temorary storage for A/X/Y in the current version.

But 8 (WARMST) and 9 (BOOT?) are essential for the OS and the RESET handling.

Can you please provide a version which only uses for example $80..$ff in order to no interfere with any OS stuff?

Thanks, Peter/JAC!

• Like 1

Hi Peter, good point. I forgot I was going to mention that to Tebe a while back, I'm not sure why he's set zp addresses from $00 rather than $80 although if you're just using the code straight from exporting it is only one org to edit :)