Photo

Printing Intellivision Overlays

2 replies to this topic

#1 RangerG OFFLINE  

RangerG

River Patroller

• 2,821 posts

Posted Thu Oct 2, 2003 7:42 PM

I have found several sites around the web with images of Intellivision overlays. I click on the small images to enlarge them and them try to print them and they print out like 3 by 5 notecards. How can I print them the "official" size of an overlay so that I can make them into repro. overlays to use? Is is printer settings, image settings, ??
Advice appreciated.

Thanks,
RG

The same question applies to Colecovision, 5200, and 2600 overlays.

#2 Xot OFFLINE  

Xot

River Patroller

• 4,608 posts
  • Because I'm -- A NINJA!!

Posted Thu Oct 2, 2003 7:49 PM

The easiest way will be to d/l them to your local drive and scale them as necessary in an image editing program.

#3 Ze_ro OFFLINE  

Ze_ro

Quadrunner

• 8,512 posts
  • Things aren't different. Things are things.

Posted Fri Oct 3, 2003 1:24 AM

Most sites I've seen that have these overlays have them sized specifically for printing, so resizing in a graphics program could take a long time to get the right size. Instead, you might want to fool around with the resolution settings for your printer... try setting it to 150 or 300dpi and see if that works (I think I printed some out at that resolution before, and they were about the right size).

Once you find the right size, you might want to pick up some inkjet transparencies, print a mirrored image of the overlay (so that it shows through on the other side), and then spray paint the back with a few coats of white paint. Should make for a rather kick-ass facsimile.

--Zero

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users