IGNORED

Looking for Atari 8-Bit version of Paperboy

AtariDude

I received an email from someone who is looking for the Atari 8 Bit version of Paperboy. I am not sure but I believe that perhaps this person lives in Poland. Any information that anyone can provide me with, I will forward to him.

Thanks for your help.

Back in the Early 90's Harlequin, my company at the time in teh UK, obtained the rights to produce Paperboy for the XE.

The prototype artwork was completed, and mockups signed off by the UK license holder - Elite.

However we did not enter production as Atari cancelled the XE line

sTeVE

• 2 weeks later...

"Midway Presents : Arcade's Greatest Hits

The Atari Collection 2

When Midway released this second collection of Atari arcade classics, they changed the format slightly. It still comes with 6 games and still uses the emulator from Digital Eclipse however gone is the female voice who was the lead-in in the first CD and gone are the videos from the original programmers of these games. Instead what you see are images of the original arcade cabinets plus some documentation that Atari would send to arcade operators when they shipped the original games. In some cases, the scanned text is difficult to read and thus of little value. Another problem is that you have to use the up - down keys on the controller to see those sections that are not viewable. There is no way to scroll through the scanned image. It would have been nice if they had done something similar to the Namco Museum CDs that give you the entire image at once and let you zoom in and out of the image. You just get to see different sections of an image at once.

As for the games themselves, the 6 games are:

1) Crystal Caverns Original Programmer : Franz Lanzinger

2) Marble Madness Original Programmer: Mark Cerny

3) Gauntlet Original Programmer: Ed Logg

4) Millipede Original Programmer: Ed Logg

5) Roadblasters Original Programmer: Lyle Rains

6) Paperboy Original Programmer: not listed "

^^ doesnt that mean it WAS on atari some time??

Thanks to: http://ace942.tripod.com/Atari.htm#atari1

for the info...

quote:

Originally posted by gabby:

"Midway Presents : Arcade's Greatest Hits

The Atari Collection 2

When Midway released this second collection of Atari arcade classics, they changed the format slightly. It still comes with 6 games and still uses the emulator from Digital Eclipse however gone is the female voice who was the lead-in in the first CD and gone are the videos from the original programmers of these games. Instead what you see are images of the original arcade cabinets plus some documentation that Atari would send to arcade operators when they shipped the original games. In some cases, the scanned text is difficult to read and thus of little value. Another problem is that you have to use the up - down keys on the controller to see those sections that are not viewable. There is no way to scroll through the scanned image. It would have been nice if they had done something similar to the Namco Museum CDs that give you the entire image at once and let you zoom in and out of the image. You just get to see different sections of an image at once.

As for the games themselves, the 6 games are:

1) Crystal Caverns Original Programmer : Franz Lanzinger

2) Marble Madness Original Programmer: Mark Cerny

3) Gauntlet Original Programmer: Ed Logg

4) Millipede Original Programmer: Ed Logg

5) Roadblasters Original Programmer: Lyle Rains

6) Paperboy Original Programmer: not listed "

^^ doesnt that mean it WAS on atari some time??

Thanks to:

for the info...

These are Atari ARCADE greatest hits anyway, and have nothing at all to do with the 8-bit computers. I just saying this because I'm curious as to whyy you've even mentioned it here, might as well be showing a list of C64 games...so what!?!? He's asking about paperboy for the XE. Sorry if I sound rude.