IGNORED

8-bit commando

calamari

Gunlaw is just a similiar type of game or a clone, if you want to look at it that way...if it's any consolation, I've played the C64 version and the 7800 version (of Commando)and the C64 version isn't much better than Gunlaw graphically, but the 7800 version is the best I've seen. I hope to find a prot of an 800/XE version someday. Also, Gunlaw won't work properly on NTSC monitors&televisions. So I've never had a chance to truly explore it. There is no collision detection between the characters and their bullets and you can't open any doors, hence you can't even get out of the first phase of the game either. There is another Commando clone I've got called something like "He who dares, wins," but it only uses four colors graphics mode so it looks rather drab and it is very difficult to a point of not being fun to play.

[ 04-07-2002: Message edited by: Gunstar ]

Hmm.. Interesting. In that discussion they list some games that have been mentioned but no one has ever seen:

RX8094 Commando

RX8124 Midi Maze

RX8118 Xenophobe

RX8?? Mat mania challenge

Rx8?? Mean 18

I've seen both Mean 18 and Midi Maze. Midi Maze was great fun, but Mean 18 was so bad it was almost unbelievable. The screen took SOOO Long to draw and the graphics looked like a cheap Apple IIe screen (not to knock the Apple IIe mind you). I can see why that one was canned.

As for Commando, Mat Mania, and Xenophobe I'll shoot a message off to Bruce, but I know he's moving his stuff right now and is super busy.

Tempest