IGNORED

8bit Trivia ?

Goochman

Well, I'm a master when it comes to 8-bit Atari stuff and I've no clue as to what that avatar is supposed to be...it looks like a lame circle to me with some other cr*p pixels in it that I can't make out. Maybe you clipped too much of the screen for the avatar?

Definitely not Koronis Rift. For one thing the pic looks to have been snapped from a game that uses either Graphics Mode 8, or mode 0 with a redefined character set. Could be the Ultima series, as it was all done in mode 0 with redefined character sets. I don't recognize it, though.

Wow,

I stay away for 2 days and got some responses

The person who said it is the Legend of Times in Ultima II is correct. It is a 'View' of the island(The circle).

If you've played this game then you prob should realize that something isnt right...........

Wheres the water?

In the program UltiMap, the water tiles show up as the ~ character...which I can't remember if it shows up if you are running the program on an AppleII that doesn't have the expanded character set ROM on board.

But what is that lower white thing? Was that made by a screen capture program that you got the image from?

I played Ultima II to death, and I couldn't figure that one out, so it's definately screwy, like you said without water and that wierd looking white thingy at the bottom, I wouldn't have guessed it to be the time of legends in a million years, but then if your going to do trivia like that, it should at least look like it did originally...that's like having some one pick the cup with the pea under it when there is no pea...sheesh.

Ok, heres the unusal thing:

This is a direct screen capture of my Ultima II Legends of Time 'View'. I loved this game so much I couldnt wait for Ultima III to come out so I wasted my time creating ships (if you played this game you know what I mean). Anyhow, my initial goal was to be able to walk around all time zones without a ship (get to all islands etc...) Well, Ultima III took a little longer than expected and I filled in the entire Ocean with ships in the Legends of time(Thats why the water is all white). I then thought it would be neat to fill in the land with something (planes, horses, etc...) The bottom of the screen looks weird since its filled in with horses(and some planes). This got way too tedious and I stopped doing this.

While waiting for Ultima IV I filled in the land in Ultima III with chests(to avoid all those nasty monster encounters)

Ultima IV took too long to finish so I didnt do anything there!

Gunstar is correct about 1 thing - I did cutout the 'stats' line near the bottom since when the screen was squeezed you couldnt read them