IGNORED

Congo Bongo OS Compatibililty Problems?

Tempest

I tried to fire up Congo Bongo on my Atari 1200XL last night and I had some problems. My 1200Xl has the Warp+ OS mod so I really have four different OS's (Atari 800, 1200XL, and two different XL/XE OS's), but they all had problems. The first thing I noticed is that the XL/XE OS's made the high score on the title screen turn to some stange number (620132 or something like that), the 800 OS made is all 0's (which is what it should be), and the 1200XL OS made is a combination of numbers and "

I figured I had a dirty cart so I cleaned it and it still does the same thing. I plugged in my 800XL and it seems to work fine, except the highscore is still a combination of 0's and "

Has one else had this problem with Congo Bongo?

Tempest

The file version seems to work properly on my 800XL. The problem is probably due to improper initialization of RAM. Is there an image of the cartridge ROM available? Wrathchild is pretty good at tracking down programming violations (this whole game would qualify IMHO).

-Bry

Wrathchild is pretty good at tracking down programming violations (this whole game would qualify IMHO).

I'm sure there is, but I don't have one. Does the disk version have all four levels?

Is there a list of Atari 8-bit games that have "Programming Violations"?

Tempest