IGNORED

5200 games on Atari 8-bit systems?

Draugr

I dont know about a site.. but there where several titles that where proted from the 5200 system and runs on XL/XE machies.. (almost all of them where done by GLEEN THE 5200 MAN.. Who ever he was!?)..

games like Blue Print, Space Dungeon, Gremlins, etc..

I'm not sure, about a specific site either, most of the 5200 hacks that I have seen are mixed in with the actual 8-bit versions on 8-bit sites. They generally will say 5200 in the name of the file, or definitive version (Windows file name with .atr image in file). You might also try emulation sites that support emulators like Atari800win, etc. that are also used as 5200 emulators. Even 5200 emulation sites, but some games will not work because the analog to digital hack has not been done.

Once you do find the 5200/8-bit hack files, they will run on an XEGS as long as that XEGS is hooked up to a pc with APE/SIO2PC or you have a disk drive for it and have the means to turn .atr images into real Atari disks (again, Prosystem on A.P.E and a 10502PC cable-not the same as an SIO2PC/APE cable) I have both cables 10502PC/SIO2PC integrated into one box that is permanently attached to one of my 1050 disk drives. So I can have my XE either hooked directly to my PC and upload either .atr images directly, using the pc as I would a 1050 drive, or using the built into "remote control" program that comes with APE that brings up a Spartados compatible file menu on the 8-bit that allows you to load .exe and .com, etc. compatible Atari files. Or, I can (and have) make real floppies with APE Prosystem and my 1050/10502PC cable. These are the only ways to get these 5200 hacks to run on any real Atari computer or XEGS, otherwise you can only play them on an emulator. If you want any information about APE/SIO2PC cable/10502PC cable and all compatible software, you can search the message archives here and find very long discussions regarding all you need to know, or e-mail me and I'll hook you up with links and adresses.

The only 5200 games I don't have running (on the real iron) for the XL/XE are:

Barroom Baseball

Boogie Demo

Frisky Tom

Meebzork

Meteorites

Micro-gammon

Minature Golf

Spitfire

Sport Goofy

Tempest

Xari Arena

Yellow Submarine

All the other 5200 titles are available and work perfectly, most are disk based copies, but a few are hacked Roms too...

sTeVE

quote:

Originally posted by Jet Boot Jack:

The only 5200 games I don't have running (on the real iron) for the XL/XE are:

Barroom Baseball

Boogie Demo

Frisky Tom

Meebzork

Meteorites

Micro-gammon

Minature Golf

Spitfire

Sport Goofy

Tempest

Xari Arena

Yellow Submarine

We could divide the list in two parts:

1) Commercial, not yet converted games. They are:

a) RealSports/Barroom Baseball - I made partial conversion, but then I noticed the number of the keys needed to play the game, so I abandoned it.

b) Meteorites.

2) Worthless binary rubbish. IMO all the others. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.