IGNORED

game

Thelen

quote:

Originally posted by thelen:

one of my favorite games is millipede/centipede. i've played centipede on a 7800 in 2player mode, simaltanous playing !. now is there some sort of centipede game on the 8-bit with simaltanous playing ?

thanks,thelen

I remember a centipede clone, with very good graphics (better than the official 8-bit port), that not only had 2 player simultanious mode, but one player was at the bottom of the screen and the other player was at the top, and it was a "deathmatch" as well as competing for points in killing the centepede(s), I think it had a co-op mode too. The fact of the matter is, that when you get into the 8-bit, there are not only all the classic "official" games like centipede and millipede, but there are a bunch of really, really good (many times better than the original) clones...there are some bad ones too, of course, but they don't seem to be a prevelant. If I could only remember the names...Myrapede is one...The thing is though, that you may have to locate a PD software ftp site, as most of these clones were PD and won't be found on the regular archive sites of commercial stuff. I've been looking (half-heartedly, admitedly) for a good PD site with all that stuff. Anyone know of a good 8-bit PD site?