IGNORED

Monkey Wrench?

Draugr

Yes, it is.

Just kidding...

Monkey Wrench/Monkey Wrench II are programs that work alongside Basic. It adds commands and monitor functions to Basic...if you don't mind parting with the 8k of ram it occupies. How useful it is depends on how well you are familiar with Basic already.

Antic review

Yes, but I'm sure that there are dumps of the cart in boot disk form somewhere (I made enough game dumps back in the day using Scanalyzer). It might not work with the Basic inside a stock XL, but it should work OK with rev.C and Atari XE's (since rev.C is essentually the same as rev.A...with the two bad bytes NOP'ed over).

BTW can't remember exactly...but I thought II was also released on disk (?).

Mario--

And it would probably be as useless as the Basic in those computers.  If you needed to use Basic, your best bet would be to plug in a rev.C cartridge Basic (which would mean tying up the slot).

Maybe that's why its rare? :) I imagine it would work with XE computers which are rev C or just upgrade the basic rom in an XL computer to C.