IGNORED

Need Lynx Scans!

Albert

I'm working on a Lynx section for AtariAge and would like to enlist help from any Lynx enthusiasts out there. I'm looking for Cartridge Scans, Box Scans and Manual Scans. I already have several Lynx games and don't need scans of those items. Specifically, this is what I have at present:

Lynx Carts:

- Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

- Chip's Challenge

- Crystal Mines II

- Dirth Larry

- Double Dragon

- Hydra

- Ishido

- Jimmy Connors Tennis

- Klax

- Kung Food

- Malibu Bikini Volleyball

- Pit-Fighter

- Qix

- Rampart

- Toki

- Tournament Cyberball

- Turbo Sub

Boxes:

- Awesome Golf

- Batman Returns

- Checkered Flag

- Chip's Challenge

- Crystal Mines II

- Dirty Larry

- Double Dragon

- European Soccer Challenge

- Gates of Zendocon (small box)

- Hockey

- Hydra

- Ishido

- Jimmy Connor's Tennis

- Klax

- Kung Food

- Paperboy

- Pinball Jam

- Pit-Fighter

- Qix

- Rampage

- Rampart

- RoadBlasters

- Robo-Squash

- Robotron: 2084

- S.T.U.N. Runner

- Shadow of the Beast

- Shanghai

- Steel Talons

- Toki

- Tournament Cyberball

- Turbo Sub

- Warbirds

Manuals:

- Chip's Challenge

- Crystal Mines II

- Dirty Larry

- Double Dragon

- Gates of Zendocon (small box)

- Hydra

- Ishido

- Jimmy Connor's Tennis

- Klax

- Kung Food

- Paperboy

- Pinball Jam

- Pit-Fighter

- Qix

- Rampart

- Robo-Squash

- S.T.U.N. Runner

- Shadow of the Beast

- Shanghai

- Steel Talons

- Toki

- Tournament Cyberball

- Turbo Sub

So basically anything *not* on this list I'll ultimately need scans of to fill out the Lynx section. I know I have more cartridges with my Lynx, but when I moved from Austin to California I seem to have misplaced it (read: it's in a box deep inside my storage unit!). I'm hoping to recover it fairly soon.

I'm also seeking out good quality, well-lit pictures of any Lynx hardware. The Lynx I own is a Lynx II, so I'll especially need pictures of the original Lynx (I should never have sold the one I bought when they first came out!)

The important thing is that any submitted images are high quality. By this I mean scanned at a fairly high resolution (at *least* 200 dpi) and submitted at a reasonable resolution (boxes no less than 600 pixels wide, each manual page 600, and carts I'm not sure of yet (normal size carts are 400 pixels wide on the site, but Lynx carts are quite a bit smaller so I may go with 300 pixels wide or so). Also, if you submit images please compress them as little as possible. We'll then resize, crop and compress the images before putting them online.

The other thing I'm looking to do is make a list of all the Lynx cartridge variations. I personally remember several different types of Lynx carts. I think the original carts were completely flat, perhaps with some dimpling on the end. But these were difficult to remove so Atari later added a perpendicular edge near the end of the cart. And it seems Atari finally settled on the nice curved end, which is how all of *my* cartridges are formed. But I had a variety of different types of carts for my original Lynx (that's what you get for being an early adopter!)

So two things with the different types of carts: 1) I'd like to know *which* carts were produced in each style and 2) I need good quality pictures (not scans) of these different styles so I can create a "Label Variations" style page for the Lynx carts. For an example of what I'm talking about, look here:

Atari 2600 Label Guide

Alternatively, if I can find someone in the Bay area to loan me these carts (cards?) I can take pictures of them myself..

Please email any submissions to albert@atariage.com

Thanks in advance for any submissions, we're looking to create the most comprehensive collection of Lynx information and pictures anywhere on the net!

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

I was digging around my closet and found a lenticular Lynx pin (a couple actually) that I got from a guy who ran a BBS dedicated to the Lynx.  

It'd be great to get pictures of those for the Lynx section that I'm presently working on. Are the pins all the same or are there several different ones?

..Al