IGNORED

my lynx is not working very well

laito69

hi you all. my lynx 2 is not working very well. i think the A and B buttons are stuck, because they keep firing even when i am not pressing them. if anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.

Luis david meneses

luisdavidmeneses@hotpop.com

• 2 weeks later...

This is generally caused because under the plastic buttons and D-pad are "rubber bubbles" that keep the contacts seperated until you depress the button. Over time with a lot of use, these "bubbles" wear out and crack at the seem, so then the contacts are constantly touching. So either the bubbles need to be replaced(and many times you can use "bubbles" other than the original equipment),(got an old joypad from some other sytem you don't use? Try replacing it with a "bubble" out of one of them), or what I did when a joypad of mine had this problem, was to open up the unit, take the "bubble" out(removing any lose rubber peices or rings), and then use a drop of superglue to actually glue the contact to the bottom side of the plastic button or D-pad. It will not feel exactly the same as it used to, and you may need to put an old spring under the button or D-pad(like a spring from a key on an old computer keyboard). But your "sticking" problem will be cured and the unit will be usable again. Hope this helps.

Gunstar