IGNORED

YES!!!

Ze_ro

You can't go wrong with most Lynx games, this system is simply awesome. My favorites are:

Xenophobe (the best version this side of the arcade)

Xybots

Dracula The Undead (if you like psudeo RPG's)

Klax

Blue Lightning

Zolnar Mercenary (fun but way too hard)

APB

Stun Runner

Almost every game I've played as turned out to fun, there are a few stinkers but it's usually because they tried to cram an overly complicated game into such a small system (like Steel Talons for instance).

Tempest

I always loved the arcade games:

Joust

Klax

Ms. Pac-Man

Pac-Land

Rampage

I could play those for hours. I especially liked being able to play as Player Two in Joust even in a one player game.

Did you get a battery pack? Using the D-Cells may be a trifle incovenient, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than using AAs.

I've played a lot of games on emulators, and most of the games are actually very good! I have noticed that a lot of them show the limits of the system, not in the graphics area, but when it comes to ram... for example Batman Returns and Dirty Larry seem to get very monotonous (But then, maybe I didn't play them for long enough). All in all, I'm still very impressed with this system

Bye bye Gameboy...

--Zero

I've played a lot of games on emulators, and most of the games are actually very good! I have noticed that a lot of them show the limits of the system, not in the graphics area, but when it comes to ram... for example Batman Returns and Dirty Larry seem to get very monotonous (But then, maybe I didn't play them for long enough). All in all, I'm still very impressed with this system

Bye bye Gameboy...

--Zero

The Lynx definately has a lot of great games. If you want to get some of the "hotter" games that put the Gameboy color, GameGear and even the Gameboy advances early games to shame, check out;

Battlewheels

Remenant:Planar Wars 3D

Championship Rally

Which are all available now from Http:Songbird.atari.net Some more fantastic games are due out this year!

Also:

Checkered Flag

Warbirds

Rampart

S.T.U.N Runner

A.P.B

Hydra

ElectroCop

Blue Lightning

Gates of Zendacon

Zarlor Mercenery

Gauntlet:III encounter

RoadRiot 4wd(only available from Best Electronics, if they still have any...)

BattleZone 2000 (this one has a secret code that will bring up the REAL 2000 mode; 2000 levels of FULLY texturemapped 3D polygons and 3D sprites for a tour-de-force that definately puts even the GBA too shame.

There are a LOT of other great games for the Lynx, IMHO the percentage of good to bad games is about 90% vs. 10% respectively, with a fewer neutral-average games as well.

quote:

Originally posted by Ze_ro:

Bye bye Gameboy...

--Zero

They play 100% better on the real LYNX. I know, I have both. I try out games on the emulator, then I by the real thing if I like it and every single time, it has played better on the Lynx!

Good to hear One more question though: Are there any differences between North American, European, etc Lynx's? I ask because the Lynx I'm getting is from Australia originally, and a lot of the games available to me on eBay are from the UK... I doubt a handheld system would have any problem with PAL/NTSC junk like consoles, but I figure I should find out before I go on a spending spree.

--Zero

quote:

Originally posted by Ze_ro:

Good to hear One more question though: Are there any differences between North American, European, etc Lynx's? I ask because the Lynx I'm getting is from Australia originally, and a lot of the games available to me on eBay are from the UK... I doubt a handheld system would have any problem with PAL/NTSC junk like consoles, but I figure I should find out before I go on a spending spree.

--Zero

No. Pal/NTSC/Secam are different types of televisions used around the world that have different resolutions and refresh rates which make them incompatable...since the Lynx is a portable unit, with it's own LCD screen that is capable of upto 75fps (frames per second), there are no such issues involved with compatibility like consoles (unless Atari was just really stupid and made them incompatible for absolutely no logical reason, but I've never heard of this...)

I figured as much... After all, I have a Japanese Gameboy game that works fine on my Gameboy (Except that I can't read the manual and box since it's in all Japanese).

But then again... who know what kind of weird things a company could do... I mean, DVD region encoding and all...

--Zero

I still say that Rampart is the best game for the Lynx. Shadow of the Beast is good, Lemmings was surprisingly good, Blue Lightning rocked as did Checkered flag, Pinball Jam was admirable (if you could squint to see the ball) Electro-Cop is phenominal, and Pit-Fighter sucked the big one.