IGNORED

Supra microprint printer interface&1200XL compatibility

Gunstar

Ok, I use to own this interface and used it with my 130XE for years. I lost it at some point, but recently purchased another. I still have my XE, but have a 1200 now that i'm slowly turning into my primary 8-bit, need to upgrade it in may ways of course; more memory, IDE interface, ethernet, Contiki, s-video, etc.

The instructions that came with the microprint interface says that it's compatible with all atari's except the 1200XL...Why not? What's the problem and can i modify the 1200 so it is compatible? Are there other SIO compatibility problems between the 1200 and other Atari's? What are they? Will my US doubler 1050 and ultra speed work all right with the 1200? i had problems with my SIO2PC cable lately, is this because ot the 1200 and maybe not my cable? (my XE has been down for repairs for a while)Any help or links to help about these topics appreciated. thanks.

Thanks for the info, one question though: Should I remove the resister and replace it with a jumper wire or run the wire in parallel to the resister?

Thanks again!

Both will accomplish the same thing. Just adding it on would probably make it easier to reverse later if you want.