IGNORED

Lynx display case picture included

Zeptari

Below is a link to a drawing of a Lynx display case. I might be able to make these at work, I gotta talk to the boss about it.

I have all the needed materials on hand.

It's working out when I can make them.

Saturdays?? I've made something simular to my design and it looked great. Maybe I can make a sample one (3 or 6 carts big)and take a picture of it and post it here.

Any idea's or comments on the drawing?

here's the link>>> http://users.rcn.com/alafleur/lynxcase.gif

The picture's about 211KB.

-Rick

Might be worth a look. I have about 30 Lynx games that has no place to go as my large carry case is full. I think I like the idea for having the Lynx game lean back so it'd be easier to read labels.

OTOH if you go with the flat 15 game case, how about one with removeable foam layers so you could layer 15 at a time for case that can hold 30, 45, or even 60? (it'd be pointless to go more as the full released list shows only 85 games total including Blue Lightening Demo) Since the games aren't thick to begin with, it shouldn't be hard to make one and still keep the case smaller than your average high school notebook.

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: wi1ykat ]

I personally wouldn't spend time making a display case (note this is not a carrying case) for this. The cut-out foam would be nice, but there are many sources for display cases.

If you go to the Jaguar board, there is a thread about "prized collections", and there is a picture of the case I picked up in Vegas for CGE there.

Now, if you're looking for something portable to hold all those extra games that won't fit into the nylon Lynx case, Songbird sells heavy duty Lynx game wallets that can hold 9 games single, or 18 games double-stacked. This item has been a very hot seller, with some people picking up 3 or 4 wallets at a time.

wi1ykat- I like the removeable layer idea!

I talked with my boss today about this. He's not to keen about it. He thinks I would make me competition for the company I work for.

I'm like, What?

So much for that idea... Now if I try and make one for myself he's gonna think I'm making it for profit... blahhh!

I gotta talk to him some more.

I wanna make a small one still...One case with foam cut two different ways.

1. standing, maybe on an angle

2. flat... maybe with layers...

I'll get back...

ohh i'd also like to put a small bar accross the back so the disply is on an angle.

I think that would look even better.