IGNORED

Batman Returns box

Ze_ro

After looking around the net for Lynx games for sale, I've noticed that for some reason it's very hard to find a boxed copy of Batman Returns, yet there seems to be a decent amount of loose cartridges floating around. Is there some reason for this? Was Batman Returns a pack-in for a while or something? Considering the wealth of boxed games out there, I was hoping to be able to keep my Lynx collection "complete" with boxes and manuals.

--Zero

• 2 weeks later...

This cart, when I first bought this Lynx, was a give away with a proof of purchase. So you would send the proof of purchase in and get the instructions and cart in a bag. This is the reason I bought the Lynx. So you got Cal. games and Batman for free,

• 1 month later...

Which brings another issue: California Games box. I have one but it seems they are hardly around at all. I got the game back when Atari Lynx had Warbird and couple other games as pack in during it's waning time in local stores.

Even I can't find any past auction on eBay that actually have the box.

quote:

Originally posted by
:

This cart, when I first bought this Lynx, was a give away with a proof of purchase. So you would send the proof of purchase in and get the instructions and cart in a bag. This is the reason I bought the Lynx. So you got Cal. games and Batman for free,

Ahhh, excellent, I didn't know that. I also was wondering why B&C was practically giving away Batman Returns. Thanks for the info! (I just realized this was posted a while back, I must have missed it the first time around!)

..Al

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Albert ]

quote:

Originally posted by wi1ykat:

California Games box. I have one but it seems they are hardly around at all.

Which makes sense since it was the pack-in for most of the Lynx's life... In fact, I've noticed that the game itself isn't even all that easy to find (At least, it's not as easy as, say, Crystal Mines II). There's only one of them on eBay at the moment.

Bill: Did it at least come with a manual, or just the cart in a bag?

This sounds like info that would be good to add to the Batman Returns entry when the Lynx section goes up... hint, hint

--Zero

• 3 months later...