IGNORED

Future games?

Songbird

I'm most interested in Ultravore followed by

Distant Lands.

What ever happened to the Lode Runner port that was coming along?

I'd also be interested in another SIMIS type compilation.

BTW anyone know how to get the secret arcade mini game in Lexis to play?

le geek

I do know Laurens, but have not spoken to him recently. And I've got enough Lynx projects to keep me busy well through 2002, so this will have to wait unless someone else gets a hold of him first.

The SIMIS cart is definitely cool, however there aren't enough new small demos to make another cart like this currently.

To access the secret game in Lexis, visit the Lexis page under "Projects" at the Songbird home page. I've got the screen shot uploaded with all the details. Just be sure to enter this code while holding the Lynx vertically, and enter it as quickly as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you're probably not going to see an actual Doom port on the Lynx, but there are a few games that are relatively close:

BattleWheels - links up to 6 players! Try running around on foot with machine guns going after each other...

CyberVirus - similar engine to BattleWheels, 1 player, misison-based game. Very cool!

Wolf 3D clone - Lucien (author of Champ Rally) is tinkering with a full-fledged 3D raycaster in the tradition of Wolf 3D.

BattleWheels is out now, CyberVirus will be out from Songbird in the spring, and hopefully the Wolf 3D clone will turn into a game by late next year.

quote:

Originally posted by Songbird:

And just to address this for the millionth time this year, AvP is NOT going to be published - the game is incomplete, and no source code is available anyway. Let alone the license issues...

Damn... I'd love to see someone finish this game up and release it! Seems like the engine is mostly done, it just needs some level designers and such. This kinda game is what the Lynx needed back in the days.

(That, and maybe a Tempest 2000)

--Zero

quote:

Originally posted by Ze_ro:

I'd love to see someone finish this game up and release it! Seems like the engine is mostly done, it just needs some level designers and such. This kinda game is what the Lynx needed back in the days.

Yes. So it's too bad the source is lost, because that means it's near impossible to do any further work on the game.

But I think Lynx fans will be very happy with CyberVirus, it's got a lot of incredible features that should keep you busy for hours.

• 5 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Jay:

but the game I'd love to have would be Rolling Thunder and after that TNT Terry a great Bomberman clone! get the source etc off Lauren!! Bribe if you have to!

Yes, a bomberman clone would be great and I like Rolling Thunder, too. What about this game? As far as I know, it was finished and will hopefully be still in someones drawers or garage.

quote:

Originally posted by legeek:

BTW anyone know how to get the secret arcade mini game in Lexis to play?

Sure. Just check out the Lexis page on Songbird (under "Projects"), and you'll see the screen capture of how to activate the game. Just be sure to input it with the Lynx held vertically, and about as fast as you can go -- I've found that people have trouble with the code if they try it slow and easy.

• 1 year later...

Wolfenstein3d for the Lynx would be a dream come true! In a clone I think the WW2 feel would be important. allso it would be rather important to have german soldiers screaming in german!

Wolf3d was the number one reason i bought a gba, but i didn´t like the gba, so I sold it and bought more games for my Lynx. Wolf 3d would be the ultimate victory, porooving the power of the Lynx :)

SONGBIRD, Thankyou for keeping the Lynx alive!

Which games would you love to see published in the future for the Lynx? Here are some possibilities:

CyberVirus (full version - COMING SOON!)

Ultravore

Wolf 3D clone

Distant Lands

Remnant: Second Wave

Are these games you're excited about? Are there other games (either lost games or incomplete hobby efforts) you wish could be published?

And just to address this for the millionth time this year,   AvP is NOT going to be published - the game is incomplete, and no source code is available anyway. Let alone the license issues...

Yes! Publish those... :D

just my vote for any kind of RPG. God I kept WAITING for one to surface on the Lynx back when I could buy Lynx games in the store :-) as far as new stuff, I'd love to see TNT w/ lots of multiplayer lynx-up support :-)

and it would be neat if someone figured out the 'play multiplayer from one cart' that atari was originally going to do, but changed to make more $$

Hello!

and it would be neat if someone figured out the 'play multiplayer from one cart' that atari was originally going to do, but changed to make more $$

Harry Dodgson has developed the LGSS for this, and i have done two or three demos where the games are able to copy themselfs to cards with the BLL-loader.

Matthias

How about EOTB, since it's rumoured to be "finished"?

I can't count the number of times this has come up. Carl Forhan has

tried several times to get the various copyright holders to release this

title. My current suggestion is to buy a GBA and the updated version

as the overall cost will be less than what it takes to produce the Lynx

version (and it features the latest D&D ruleset with 2-1/2D gameplay).

I used to suggest getting a SNES (or emulator) and the game since the

graphics and gameplay are almost exactly the same (just re-arranged

to fit on the Lynx screen).

EOTB is not really a good Lynx game because it doesn't have a map

function so you have to keep printed map pages close by when you get

to the lower levels. I still haven't finished it as the later tasks require

you to go up and down through five levels or more to gather the required

items in the proper order. I set it down for a bit (a few years ago) and I

have no idea what level I'm on now.

Harry

Harry's correct, it's nigh-impossible to get EotB licensed for the Lynx. Anything related to Hasbro/Infogrames requires a substantial ($100K+) contract in place before they will even talk about licensing.

As for general feedback on upcoming Lynx games, it's always good to hear which games fans are excited about. No promises on when said games will be published, of course. :) But the good news is I think we can expect a couple of new Lynx and Jaguar releases later this year...

This is something that has always confused me about prototypes. If EOTB was started or even close to finished for Lynx then wasn't the licensing already paid for by Atari? Doesn't that mean that a certain number of Lynx EOTB were planed to be produced and never were? I know Infogrames would own that transfer of license, but they aren't interested in anything to do with the old systems. And AD&D already was paid for it?

I guess it's a real Gray area.