IGNORED

What's that game that Tom Hanks was playing in BIG?

chairmonkey4406

I don't even know if it was on an Atari Computer but I thought I would ask anyways since the question has been killing me for years. What kind of computer is he playing it on and if possible where can I download an emu/rom? thanks.

p.s. this is my first post and I think of many! I'm also a member of IGN's message boards and I post there frequently

It is not known what the computer itself is, and the text adventure he is playing is likely a mockup. DP Issue 50 says of appearances of video games in Big:

BIG (1988) ***1/2 (Tom Hanks, Elizabeth Perkins) – The movie opens with Tom at a computer console playing a text adventure. He gets killed, but later on in the film, advances. At a carnival Tom walks past Pac-Man, Defender, Solar Quest and other arcade games. When he checks out two dealers while looking for a Zoltar machine, there is a Ms. Pac-Man, Pole Position II, Spy Hunter, and some cocktail game. Tom takes delivery of a pinball machine off a truck that has three other arcade machines on it. At the Sea Point Park in NY, there is an Outrun and one other machine that looked familiar.

OHH BOY, DONT TELL ME YOU HAVENT NOTICED THIS!!

When he is in his new office!! I dunno if when he first walks in or when his friend comes in with the envelop and tom hanks drives him away,

well anyway there is an XL computer hooked up to a monitor!!

I assume its the 800XL or 1200XL due to its size please look back on these two scenes and you will agree with me!!