IGNORED

Where can i get Lynx games?

timster

quote:

Originally posted by Timster_15:

I live in Australia and i'm finding it a real problem to find Atari Lynx games for my version 2 Lynx. If anyone could help i would be very grateful. And if anyone could tell me if the Jaguar was ever released in Aus. that would be great too.

You can get Lynx games from any US supplier that will ship to Australia. I'd check the usual suspects, including www.goatari.com. They're not the cheapest, but they have a good stock and they're reliable.

Eric

Yeah i tried them and i considered ordering until i remembered the prices were all in US$ which meant a $20.00 game would end up costing me like $43.00 and then i had to pay for postage and handling.

Anyway thanks for your help its very much appreciated. Sorry about posting this in the Jaguar section and not the Lynx.:S

Most common Lynx games sold by Songbird are USD$9.95 each -- and (currently) if you buy three, you get one free. Seems like a decent deal to me...

Sure, if you want something like Champ Rally or Xenophobe or Lemmings, you're going to have to pay a lot more. Such is life when hunting for the rarest/coolest games on a system...

Yeah, $10US = $20-25Au X 3 = $60-70AU

$60-70Au + Shipping $10-20Au = $80-90Au!!

I can't afford that and most of the games i REALLY want like "Raiden", "Xenophobe", "Lemmings" and "Blue lightning" are like $20-50US!!

Thanks for the offer but i NEED to find a place in Aus. that offers good prices like yours but in AU$.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

I can't afford that and most of the games i REALLY want like "Raiden", "Xenophobe", "Lemmings" and "Blue lightning" are like $20-50US!!

Good luck. The reason those games are selling for $20 to $50 US is because they are good games, are in high demand, and are hard to get.

I don't think you're going to find them any cheaper than on EBay - but if you do, let us all know so we can pick up a copy too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

If you are going to ship just a few Lynx cards to Australia from the United States, it can be done for around $5 USD by using Global Priority Mail. The GOAT Store has shipped quite a number of Lynx cards to Europe and Australia this way already.

If you want any boxes though, you are kind of out of luck. If you ever buy through any American dealer, ask them if they will ship using this method because it will really save you money.

And below my name is the shameless plug for the GOAT Store, just in case...

Greetings Timster.

I also live in Australia, and I find that cash converters is a great source for lynx games (that's where I've found half of my games for lynx). Try other pawn shops, which have been around for a while. they usually have them hidden out back somewhere, covered in dust. I picked up 5 games for $2.50 from a pawn shop (the owner of the shop practically threw them at me when I asked. he also threw in some nes carts & some sms carts)

If you live in VIC, maybe we could trade sometime....

Kale

Guys... The fact that your currency makes the price look higher makes no difference!! Even if $20 USD = $32 CAD, that means that it's not going to cost the canadian consumer anymore than the american. Look at Italy, Japan, Turkey... 44,556.66 ITL, 2,693.80 JPY, 27,682,000.00 TRL respectively. So everyone is a millionaire in Turkey. They prolly make 7 million bux and hour which is what a Canadian gets paid on minimum wage at ~8 bux. It's all about relativity. American's minimum wage is smaller than the Canadian minimum wage when comparing the dollar figure but in reality they're worth the same. That's why Canadians can afford to pay 32 bux just as well as Americans 20. I don't know if this makes any sense but I have lived in 3 different continents so I know a bit about world currencies.

Joshua.

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: Lord Gaiyan ]