IGNORED

Putting Lode Runner on cart?

legeek

How hard would it be to make a cart version of Lode Runner Duology by Kurt Olsen? I know the source code got lost, but the homebrew .o file exists and is playable. is it possible to make a cart with this file?

This was a great idea for a Lynx game. Hat off to Kurt for putting it together, and sorry to hear that the source got lost...

-le geek

• 1 month later...

Basically, the game won't be released because Broderbund will not release the rights for the game.

I know the source code got lost,

I'm pretty sure I know of at least one place that the source code for this game still exists... Actually, I'm positive I do...

[ 02-23-2002: Message edited by: GOAT Dan ]

Lode Runner for the Lynx is actually pretty good. I recently played it so I could take a bunch of screenshots for it. Brought back some great memories of enjoying it on the Apple II many moons ago. Would be cool to see it on a cart, but I don't think that'll ever happen in any official (as in, legally licensed) capacity anytime soon. I wonder how much effort it would take to create a Multi-Cart for the Lynx? Having Multi-Carts for portable systems is great, since you can take many games with you without having to lug around tons of carts. Even better would be a flash-based system so you could choose which games you want to bring with you.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

Lode Runner for the Lynx is actually pretty good. I recently played it so I could take a bunch of
for it. Brought back some great memories of enjoying it on the Apple II many moons ago. Would be cool to see it on a cart, but I don't think that'll ever happen in any official (as in, legally licensed) capacity anytime soon. I wonder how much effort it would take to create a Multi-Cart for the Lynx? Having Multi-Carts for portable systems is great, since you can take many games with you without having to lug around tons of carts. Even better would be a flash-based system so you could choose which games you want to bring with you.

..Al

Man, I'd love to have that on the Lynx! Talk about a game that would be even better if it was portable!

And, I remember loving that title on both the Apple //e and original IBM-PC. Those were just the best. I've got a copy of Lode Runner on my NES (yeah, y'all go ahead and boo and hiss if you want -- love the old NES) and it just stinks. You can't see the entire playing field at once, so I often lose track of the villians as the screen just scrolls along.

Still, playing Lode Runner on a Lynx would be absolutely fantastic.