IGNORED

HELP! Lynx Cartridge Variations

Albert

Okay, as most of you know, Atari produced Lynx cartridges in three styles:

- Dimpled

- Ridged

- Curved Lip

The Dimpled style was used with the original games that came out: California Games, Electrocop, Todd's Adventures in Slime World, etc. These cartridges are flat and have a row of dimples on the end, along with an embossed Atari fuji symbol. These carts can actually be stacked! Unfortunately, they were difficult to remove from the Lynx so Atari then added a perpendicular ridge on the back of the cart. This is what I am calling the "Ridged" style. However, this style didn't last too long before Atari moved to the Curved Lip style that all later Lynx games (published by Atari) used.

Here are pictures of the Dimpled and Curved Lip styles (I don't yet have a Ridged cart in my possession):

l_Dimples_front.jpg

Dimples - Front

l_Dimples_back.jpg

Dimples - Back

l_CurvedLip_front.jpg

Curved Lip - Front

l_CurvedLip_back.jpg

Curved Lip - Back

What I would like to know is exactly what carts used the first two styles, Dimpled and Ridged. I don't personally have any of the Ridged carts in my collection, although I know I had some way back when I was buying new Lynx games when the system came out. Someone has offered to send me one of these carts so I can take picturse of it, so I'm all set there. But I want to have an accurate listing of which games were produced in which formats. I suspect some of Atari's earlier releases can be found in all three styles.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

..Al