Photo

Jag Encryption - Round 2

103 replies to this topic

#101 pag3z3r0 OFFLINE  

pag3z3r0

Combat Commando

• 8 posts

Posted Mon May 4, 2009 10:31 PM

Those are really good guesses but let's not get too carried away!

I made great progress over the weekend but I have been reading the forum and I think it would be wise to incorporate methods to protect developers from misuse of this product. I need to know if there is a way to detect an orphan ROM from a supported ROM if that makes any sense to you. I have found some topics where this is mentioned in passing but cannot find any specifics. If somebody knows how to do this I would be very interested.

Tom G.

#102 nonner242 OFFLINE  

nonner242

River Patroller

• 3,532 posts
  • ALL your base ALL belong to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Mon May 4, 2009 10:39 PM

Jaggenie :D

#103 kskunk OFFLINE  

kskunk

Moonsweeper

• 432 posts

Posted Mon May 4, 2009 10:42 PM

I need to know if there is a way to detect an orphan ROM from a supported ROM if that makes any sense to you. I have found some topics where this is mentioned in passing but cannot find any specifics. If somebody knows how to do this I would be very interested.

I suggest working directly with developers who are still publishing or still active on the forums. Send them e-mails describing your plans and then ask for advice on how you can protect their intellectual property. I'm sure most of them have ideas.

To protect the rights of future developers, you can put a mechanism in your product that is easy to detect and impossible to disable. That way future releases can check for your product and refuse to operate, if that's what the publisher wishes.

I'm sure the regulars here could tell you the names of the remaining developers, publishers, and interested parties.

- KS

#104 rdemming OFFLINE  

rdemming

Dragonstomper

• 941 posts

Posted Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:10 AM

pag3z3r0,

Any news on your project?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users