IGNORED

Cheap Tele-Games Exclusives

Tempest

Damn, that's awesome! I've been wanting some of these games for quite some time, but didn't have a source! I hope these will still be around for a while... I've got a monitor to buy before I go back to buying tons of video games...

--Zero

Check this site out:

http://www.anotherworld.co.uk/cgi-bin/Web_...e/web_store.cgi?

They have Tele-Games exclusive Jaguar games (say that three times fast) for only 9.99 Pounds! That turns out to be about $14.00 which is much cheaper than the $59.99 Telegames charges.

I just picked up Zero 5, Soccer Kid, Breakout 2000, Worms, and Defender 2000. Shipping is 20 Pounds (ouch!) but you still save a ton of money in the long run. Now if they'd only get in those Songbird exclusives...

To get to the Jag section scroll down to the Retro section (on the left side). It took me awhile to find it.

Tempest

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: Tempest ]

Looks like they're sold out of everything. I guess it was too good to be true after all. Damn it! They got my hopes up. I still refuse to pay Tele-Games outrages $59.99 prices.  

So you weren't able to get any of the games you ordered? That's too bad, as I was going to order quite a few games from them. Oh well, maybe next time!

..Al

I don't know what happened. I could understand them being out of the Tele-Games exclusives, but I also ordered some common games I need (Brutal Sports Football for instance) and they just sent me a note that said they're out of stock on Jag games.

It might have been refering to the other games I asked about (the Songbird games that said ask next to them) but I doubt it. One of the guys on the Jag interactive II list got the same message. Damn it!

Oh well, I'll keep an eye out for good deals. Do you think Tele-Games or Songbird will lower their prices for the CGE?

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

I don't know what happened. I could understand them being out of the Tele-Games exclusives, but I also ordered some common games I need (Brutal Sports Football for instance) and they just sent me a note that said they're out of stock on Jag games.

Same here. I also ordered a Japanes N64 game and here's the entire text of their e-mail:

"Dear customer,

Unfortunately, we are currently out of stock on the requested item/s.

Apologies

Another World"

I mean, do they actually have any games?

They have a very clean shop. It's certainly uncontaminated by games.

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

I don't understand why Tele-Games charges such high prices. I know they had to publish these games themselves, but charging $60 to $80 a game for a system that's been dead for over 6 years is ridiculous. I know cartridges are more expensive than CD's but come on! I don't care how good the game is, but I wouldn't spend $70 on a game for a new system much less a classic system (by this I mean games that are still being made, not the games we all collect).

Until Songbird and Tele-Games lower their prices I'm not buying. Although I did get Iron Solider 2 and World Tour Racing for $25 each with that special that Tele-Games had. That was an acceptable price.

Tempest

I guess it just depends on whether your a collector or merely a player. I'm both and I pay the high prices (yes I know they're high) for Jaguar games gladly, but I have reasons.

1) I collect just about all Atari and other "classic" systems, and the Songbird and Tele-games products are limited edition games so I have to ask myself if I want to take the chance on paying much higher prices in the future, if I can get the games at all. These are 'Froggo' (7800) and 'Bounty Bob' (5200) cartridges of tomorrow.

2) They, or at least Songbird, are still supporting the Jaguar and I'm happy to support them in return. Now that Tele-games hasn't released anything new for years, I believe thry're prices are a bit high, for older titles, but they ARE "limited" or "rare." All you have to look at are the extreme cases like ScatoLogic and their 'Battlesphere' game to see that not only will you end up paying a premium (the last BS cart on E-bay went for about $450), if you can ever get it at all. I bought 2 copies of this game for $75 bucks apiece when it was released, plus, I later sold one copy to a desperate collector for $300! I basically got to keep my cake AND eat it too! Although I can no longer network

. I'm a serious collector and will pay the price for the most complete collection. The bonus is that I can enjoy playing them all too!

While I can understand the collectibility factor involved here, I still couldn't justify spending $60 for a Jaguar game, even if it is brand new. I know games like Bounty Bob and the 7800 Froggo games are rare and expensive nowadays, and I'm sure these games will become similar... but I'm not sure they'll ever become as sought-out simply because the Jaguar isn't as popular and classic as Atari's other consoles. As for Battlesphere, it's quite possibly the best and most well known game ever made for the Jaguar. Not to mention it's rarity and it's usefulness when it comes to JUGS... I expect it to be expensive, but I still wouldn't pay $450 for it.

Just my $0.02

--Zero

I don't understand why Tele-Games charges such high prices. I know they had to publish these games themselves, but charging $60 to $80 a game for a system that's been dead for over 6 years is ridiculous. I know cartridges are more expensive than CD's but come on! I don't care how good the game is, but I wouldn't spend $70 on a game for a new system much less a classic system (by this I mean games that are still being made, not the games we all collect).

Until Songbird and Tele-Games lower their prices I'm not buying. Although I did get Iron Solider 2 and World Tour Racing for $25 each with that special that Tele-Games had. That was an acceptable price.

Tempest

What's funny is.. if you know where to look in Radio Shack, you'll find these color-coded binders filled with stuff they can order.. in one of them is a list of Atari 2600 & 7800 games (prolly other systems too). The games listed are quite common but are listed at like $15-$20 each!

The average selling price of Battlesphere is around 300-350 dollars US. However, one was just up for Buy it Now of 130 - someone got lucky. I paid around 150 for mine in a huge collection (had to sell almost everything in that collection to get that price).