IGNORED

Wanted: Jaguar S-Video Cable

Albert

Does anyone know where I can find an S-Video cable for the Jaguar? I'd like to take a ton of screen grabs for AtariAge and since there are no emulators for the Jaguar the only way to get screenshots is by using a video capture card and running the output of the Jaguar into the computer. I have a composite video cable but I'd much rather use an S-Video cable to eliminate dot crawl. I'd rather not build one myself as I'm not great with a soldering iron, although in a pinch I can make a cable. But a run to Fry's Electronics earlier today didn't net me the parts I needed, especially an edge connector that I could solder wires to.

I was hoping to get a cable for this weekend, but that's probably not going to happen now. Telegames sells an S-Video cable for $25 and I've seen other stores selling them for $30. Has anyone seen them cheaper, or have an extra one they'd like to sell or let me borrow? It would be great if I could find someone in the San Francisco Bay Area that could loan me one for a week or so.

..Al

I would be extraordinarily shocked beyond belief if I saw any new Jaguar stock in a retail store around me (new meaning new in the package). I've never even heard of Kay Bee Toy Works before (only Kay Bee Toys), but I just went to their website and sure enough there's one here in San Jose. I'll be taking a trip down there tomorrow morning and seeing what's in store (no pun intended). I don't expect to find any Jaguar stuff, but you never know! It sure would be a pleasant surprise..

Thanks for the tip and I'll let you know how I make out!

..Al

Good luck. The exhaust system fell off my car today so I never made it to the local one.

I'm fairly sure they don't have any anymore, but they did have Jaguar stuff for quite a long time. The last time I clearly remember seeing some was sometime last year. But I don't go there that often, so I can't say if they'd still have anything.

I stopped by both a Kay Bee Toyworks and then a Kay Bee Outlet store in Gilroy. I'll NEVER go down to Gilroy again, 101 has to be the most poorly designed highway I've ever had the displeasure to drive on. I'll be glad to be back in Texas soon .

The Kay Bee Toyworks store had nothing, zilch, nada Jaguar related. The Outlet store did have quite a few Jaguar Checkered Flags (at $11.99 each) but that's it. And that store was a huge mess. So I'll just have to order one online, which is what I expected I'd have to do anyway. Oh well!

..Al