IGNORED

New game : Alpine Games

D-lag

WOW!!  :love:  

Hard to believe this is running on Lynx hardware...I've never seen anything like it in terms of graphic quality for the Lynx before!  

Man, I'm so glad I have a Lynx system headed my way!   :D

If you think the stills are incredible then just wait until you see the real game. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the snow fall in the biathlon. Duranic really knows how to do the graphics on low-res screens.

This game is definitely a "must have" whenever it comes out.

--

Cheers,

Karri

Hi!

Oh man, snowfall is clever...programmer brain gets thinking...create monochrome bitmap of snowfall larger than the screen, then use the offset to make it move when rendering...or use a few tiles to save on memory.

Eric

No,no,no. This would have been to easy.

I guess the snow-crystals are rendered as fractals

and are animated following the chaos-theory. :-)

Matthias

Seriously! heh.. awesome stuff!  

This is the skiing and snowboarding from the Jag to the Lynx

Almost looks better than Val D'Isere Skiing and Snowboarding to be honest :wink: Those backgrounds look like they were ripped from the Jag version...

I wonder why they don't restart development on Native. The site now has even more pics(even from an FMV) of the game and putting the game onto a CD isn't a problem anymore(which if I remember correctly was the reason they dropped it in the first place). They obviously put a lot of work into the game, it's a real shame to see all that work go to waste. Maybe we should start flooding their inboxes with requests for Native to be finished? :P And while we're at it, ask for a Lynx version as well :D

Hm these are the best looking screen shots I have ever seen!!! I feel happy just looking at this pics. It's like a dream...or maybe its just a joke? :roll: This looks to good to be true! :love: I dont think you can compare this with anything we have seen for the Lynx in the post-atari time. This game smells quality!

If Alpine Games plays as good as it looks it will be one of the best, maybe THE best, Lynx game ever! :D

Pokermania, Alpine Games... Germany is the No 1 Lynx-land right now it seems :)

Hi!

Hm these are the best looking screen shots I have ever seen!!! I feel happy just looking at this pics. It's like a dream...or maybe its just a joke?  :roll:  This looks to good to be true!  :love: I dont think you can compare this with anything we have seen for the Lynx in the post-atari time. This game smells quality!

If Alpine Games plays as good as it looks it will be one of the best, maybe THE best, Lynx game ever! :D  

Pokermania, Alpine Games... Germany is the No 1 Lynx-land right now it seems :)

I had it running several hours at my table at Euro-JagFest last saturday,

so it is no joke.

Regards

Matthias

I wonder if they will be anywhere near completing it by the "probable" date on the website? This game looks amazing!

On a side note, I think they made it very clear a long time ago that they do not wish to work on Native anymore. I think flooding their inboxes with requests would do nothing but harm.

Yea.... harrasing would make them want to stop development altogether

thinking we're nothing but a bunch of e-mailing psychos ;)

I dont see the harm in many people asking about it because

it could spark a renewed interest but spamming with that kinda

stuff is bad.

The game itself is something right out of no where (from what I can tell)

So who knows? Maybe they plan on doing some more Lynx games etc.

depending on how well sales go over. I know I'm buying it when it comes out (With or without Lynx :)

Yea.... harrasing would make them want to stop development altogether

thinking we're nothing but a bunch of e-mailing psychos ;)

yes ;-)

I think this release date is really THE release date.

The game itself is something right out of no where (from what I can tell)

The game was under construction a long time...

... and nearly half of the time it was 95% finished.

sounds cool. Question, is there a cheap lynx flashcart? Or do you have to buy a cart from them to play the games?

I think these type of mails will surely NOT accelerate the finishing of any new Lynx game...

Tschau,

Sage

Hi!

I had it running several hours at my table at Euro-JagFest last saturday,

so it is no joke.

Regards

Matthias

Oh no why didn't I see it?

Well maybe I was too concentrated shooting balloons :-)

Pit

It was running on the left of my two Lynxes, but the promotional material (as well as the Lynx-to-TV-adapter) didn't arrive in time, so you might have overseen it.

Regards

Matthias